Dunblane Tattie Spectacular.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Know your grapes

My husband says we'll have no problem spotting each other at the tattie fair - one madder than the other (he means that in a kind and gentle way. Honest)
    But I think we might want to talk more than is possible in the passing at the fair. How about we say we meet in the nearest pub between 12 and 2.(I think it's just across the road) That way people who are early can get their tatties first, and people who are late can go for their tatties after.
    I'm happy to find the nearest pub and post details, and dunk some grapes on a table so that we can find each other.
    Any other suggestions ?

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Alice, i do indeed remember Dunblaine. my grandson Andrew was the same age as the children when they were sht, and so i know they would all be 16 now.
      I was standing outside the school gates waiting to pick him up when i heard of the tragady on my car radio.
      Will always remember it for that reason.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Is anyone going via Braemar by any chance ? I'm stuck there dogsitting that week, or I'd have been moving heaven and earth to get there from Aberdeen...bus routes from Braemar to Perthshire are non-existent.
        There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
          BW
          I am growing Lady Christl - an early variety, suitable for baby new potatoes, Charlotte - a waxy salad that everyone knows and loves, and Edzell Blue - which seems from my market research to be very popular up here. Not growing any of the more common maincrops as my five acres is surrounded by about 1200 acres of maincrop and charlotte ina 5 mile radius.
          Thanks for that, I picked up my seed tatties yesterday and by chance got edzell blue, I couldn't remember much about it except it was floury so I'm giving it a whirl cos I do lots of mash! And King Edwards too. Didn't fancy the earlies they had, duke of york got manic scab for me last year and I've heard the flavour of Sharpes Express wasn't up to much. And that's pretty much the choice I got! How early do you think I can get away with putting the Edzell blue in?

Sorry, not meaning to nick the thread, just a quickie honest

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Originally posted by snohare View Post
            Is anyone going via Braemar by any chance ? I'm stuck there dogsitting that week, or I'd have been moving heaven and earth to get there from Aberdeen...bus routes from Braemar to Perthshire are non-existent.
            Hi Snohare,

If you can get a bus/train down to Stirling or somewhere I would be happy to pick you up. Let me know where you can get to and I am sure we can arrange something.

Mandy

Comment

Hi Guys,

hope to see some of you there tomorrow....

Mandy

Comment

Have you a time machine, Mandy ???! I could have sworn it was not tomorrow but the following Saturday... although I think it's irrelevant to me anyway. The only bus service from Braemar takes me back to Aberdeen ...mark you, with a time machine making the connections would be no problem...can you hire them, what sort of power supply do they need ?
                There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Hi All,

Berr has PM me, over excited as usual!! Time machine Snohare, I will pm you the contact details

Mandy

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                    My husband says we'll have no problem spotting each other at the tattie fair - one madder than the other (he means that in a kind and gentle way. Honest)
                    But I think we might want to talk more than is possible in the passing at the fair. How about we say we meet in the nearest pub between 12 and 2.(I think it's just across the road) That way people who are early can get their tatties first, and people who are late can go for their tatties after.
                    I'm happy to find the nearest pub and post details, and dunk some grapes on a table so that we can find each other.
                    Any other suggestions ?
                    Hi All,

Following on from Alice's suggestion who can meet at 12 in the pub?

Be good to meeet you all, Mandy

Comment

Hi Mandy, I can make it for around that time. The pubs called The Tappit Hen and it's just opposite the Cathedral. Hope to see everybody.

Comment

Hi Alice,

Just noticed you have become an early fruiter, when did that happen did I miss it? Congratulations anyway.

See you in the Tappit hen, Mandy

Comment

I'll be just going to get tatties and heading off again, no time to hang about for drinks at the pub I'm afraid as my OH will be acting as chauffeur and we also have to go to Edinburgh in the afternoon and so were never planning on staying around long...

I'll be wondering around though buying my tatties and will have an Eskymo hanging from my bag.

Comment

I will watch out for you Eskymo, hope I don't loke dodgy staring at everyones handbags though

Mandy

Comment

I'll look out for you Eskymo. I can see us all going round "inspecting" everybody.
                              Don't know when I became an early fruiter Mandy. Hadn't noticed it. But hey...that's nice.

Comment

Like Eskymo I'm likely to struggle to hang around for long but I' ll be trying to be there at 12 noon. As I said before, I'll wear my gardening hat- the one I pinched from the scarecrow. Unmissable.
                                May I add my congratulations on your promotion, Alice. My wife says I too come close to qualifying.... but as an Elderly Footer. How unkind!

Berr.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X