No announcement yet.

Dunblane Tattie Spectacular.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope to see you even for a short while Berr, I can't stay too long myself on Saturday got my new greenhouse to get started.

Alice and I will be in the pub for 12 if you can spare 10 mins.

Mandy

Comment

Will join you all in the Tappit Hen at 12 o'clock for a fresh orange - long drive back to Tain !
      Rat

British by birth
      Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
      http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thought it was only we irish people that made arrangements to meet in a pub at 12 o'clock in the day. Just glad to see that there are others like us.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Hope you all have a great time, just a shame its a bit too far away and I'm working, otherwise we'd love to meet up with some of the fellow grapes!

Someone have a drink for us plz!
          Blessings
          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
          Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
          Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
          On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Look forward to meeting you - Berr and Rat. Anybody else ?
            Bramble, you don't have to be too jealous - it's likely to be coffee or juice for everybody. Pub just a place to meet.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Would love to meet up but is just too far a jaunt for a Saturday out - plus DH works so I'd have all the kids with me. Not my idea of a restful outing!

Need to find a closer spud day, methinks.
              Kris

I child-proofed my house, but they still manage to get in.

Muddy Musings - a blog

Comment

Of course Alice, would i think otherwise.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

does anyone know fo any good plant nurseries in the area? or further down south around Fife? We thought we'd go and get potatoes and then get some plants as we got some garden vouchers for Christmas.

Comment

Gutted

To my fellow scottish grapes
                    Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, I shall not now be able to make it to the tattie spectacular tomorrow. To say that I am gutted would be a massive understatement.
                    I wanted to go for business reasons and equally as important to meet up with fellow grapes.
                    I hope you all enjoy yourselves and find it as interesting as I'm sure I would. Next year is a definite !
                    Don't forget the photos !!!
                    Rat

British by birth
                    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

SR shame you can no longer make tomorrow.

I will hopefully be in Dunblane and look forward to meeting anyone else that is going

Cheers
                      Alan

Comment

What a shame you couldn't make it Rat, but other grapes had similar problems. Had the pleasure of meeting Allyspark and a chat about how we're growing things. Allyspark met Eskymo, (Esky, I came to look for you but you seemed to have gone) and that was it.
                        However I did get some potatoes for my buckets - Swift and Sharpes Express. Never had these varieties before so it will be interesting to see how they do beside the Charlotte , Cherie and Rooster. Unfortunately the Pink Fir Apple was sold out.
                        They also had quite a good selection of seeds for 50p - so off course I had to buy some.
                        The ticket seller at the door asked how I knew about the fair and I said A GRAPE TOLD ME .I knew how mad it sounded as soon as I said it, but there was no way to explain Oh well.....

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

It was nice to meet Alice and her OH Tom today. We had a bit of a blether in The Tappit Hen. I also had a brief encounter at the tattie stands with Eskymo. Just a shame that you did not make it into the pub.

I decided to get some Arran Victory organic tatties, Red Baron onion sets and some garlic. Oh and even more seeds I have no where to plant

As this is my first year at growing veg I am sure I will have wonderful photos of what not to do soon

Cheers
                          Alan
                          Last edited by allyspark; 03-03-2007, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Hey

Nice to meet Allyspark - I told him me and the OH were going to pop into the pub for lunch but after I'd spent far longer selecting my tatties we decided to grab a snadwhich from the deli and head home - he had some filming he needed to do in Kircaldy and then it was off to Edinburgh later on, so I didn't have the chance to hang around I'm afraid. I did have an eskymo hanging from my bag and was expecting more Grapes to tap me on the shoulder...

When they asked me at the door how I found out about the event I said 'from the grapevine forum' - an offshoot from the 'grow your own' magazine and they had no idea what I was talking about and just put a tick next to 'the internet' which I was disappointed about and told her to put a seperate sub section in for the forum as I said a lot more 'grapes' would be on their way - she must have thought I was a bitt loony!

I bought 6 of each of the following:

Pentland Javlin
                            Sarpo Mira
                            Anya
                            Swift

as well as some onion sets and some seeds from Alan Romans - I wish I'd known about this ages ago as I wouldn't have ordered my seeds online from all over the place! I meant to ask Alan Romans about growing potatoes in tubs/pots/bags and get advice on soil mixture - but he was surrounded by people so I decided not to bother.

We'll have to arrange another 'meet up' at some toher venue soon.

Comment

Hi All,

I am sorry not to have made it, I unfortunatly had a funeral on Saturday morning and did not get back to 3pm.

I hope we can arrange something in the near future, Mandy

Comment

Is the tattie thing in Dunblane happening this year?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X