No announcement yet.

teeny sweetcorn plants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm....I have the same problem. My corns are tiny (although one half of the bed are slightly taller than the other???) but I've planted much later than usual. I am growing Conqueror and it said not to sow until June, so I waited....and now I'm hoping they will catch up as they are not due to crop until Sept/Oct I think (I'm just used to having some corn almost ready now!).

Comment

I have planted mine 9" apart and some have grown to 6 feet and some have only grown to only 2 feet. Dont know why this is.
      johntheeng

Comment

I think they may have had some sort of check in their early growth - mine were delayed in planting out because I was ill, and they sort of hung around for 2 weeks and now are very slow to take off.
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

My corn always seem shorter than lots of peoples and I've tried different types. Have always put this down to not liking it so not giving it the same tlc that I do to things I grow for myself. Always end up with too much of it for OH anyway so not a problem. Anyway, was admiring some plants at Tatton Show at the weekend at the Allotment Society Stand and asked them what the trick was. They told me they always sowed way earlier than the packet said (mid to end Feb was mentioned) so that they were a lot bigger when they went out in mid to late May. May try this next year but not sure I'm that bothered

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X