No announcement yet.

Seed Bombs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if you've done the project yet and this was ablout transport home.

The short video I've seen ablout making them recommend they're dried overnight - perhaps even better a few days.

If that is possible - why not dry off in eggs boxes with each childs initials either in the cell or scratched onto the seed bomb. Then when they come to take them home they'll be dry enough to take wrapped in old newspaper in a pocket, satchel or even a lunch box.

Comment

Originally posted by quark1 View Post
      Not sure if you've done the project yet and this was ablout transport home.

The short video I've seen ablout making them recommend they're dried overnight - perhaps even better a few days.

If that is possible - why not dry off in eggs boxes with each childs initials either in the cell or scratched onto the seed bomb. Then when they come to take them home they'll be dry enough to take wrapped in old newspaper in a pocket, satchel or even a lunch box.
      Yes - all done and dusted last weekend - it was at a festival and no time to dry them off as they took them away - but the suggestions given were used and were successful

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
        Hi.....this is about seed bombs, not tapes....
        The principle is the same. You could screw up the paper and press it into a 'bomb' shape if you prefer though

Comment

Your method for seed tape is good, but not what we is after: the aim is to be able to throw seed to areas that you can't reach... fenced off wasteland and such like
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

If the items to go in the bag are dryish how about pva bags as used by carp anglers

Comment

Take one large cardboard box. Cut each side into rectangles. Fold shapes into squares.. Fill with seeds. Glue together.

Great for art/geometry and fun.
              Last edited by Madasafish; 28-09-2010, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                Your method for seed tape is good, but not what we is after: the aim is to be able to throw seed to areas that you can't reach... fenced off wasteland and such like
                Yep, I understand. Maybe I'm not explaining very well. You end up with a balled up piece of paper with seeds stuck in it - easy and cheap to make (no supplies to buy), biodegrades quickly and can easily be thrown (ie like lobbing a balled up piece of paper in to a waste bin). Like really simple paper mache.

I don't mean flat sheets like you'd finish with for seed tape, though I guess that would still work if you made paper aeroplanes out of them afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by tamsin View Post
                  Maybe I'm not explaining very well. You end up with a balled up piece of paper ...can easily be thrown (ie like lobbing a balled up piece of paper in to a waste bin).
                  Yes, I understand
                  But they need to be thrown further than a waste paper bin: I'm thinking of over a fence into a disused car park, or out of the car window onto the verges
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X