No announcement yet.

Garlic

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My pot grown garlic is doing well! Abut 8" of growth on them, but looking abit cramped in pots so might upgrade them

Comment

Originally posted by JamesM View Post
      Is there any dramatic difference in taste between autumn and winter garlic or is it just the way it's grown? Thanks
      Don't think so. The Spring varieties keep longer (I think)
      K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Jeez, I don't even know what the difference in taste between homegrown and supermarket garlic is. I've never grown it before. CAn anyone else comment on taste for home -v- supermarket garlic, I wonder?
        Diagonally parked in a parallel universe!
        www.croila.net - "Human beans"

Comment

Originally posted by Croila View Post
          Jeez, I don't even know what the difference in taste between homegrown and supermarket garlic is. I've never grown it before. CAn anyone else comment on taste for home -v- supermarket garlic, I wonder?
          Probably none at all.
          There are different strengths of garlic, some catalogues tell you if they are mild or strong.
          Softnecks will usually keep better for longer than the hardnecks, i'm still eating my softnecks from last summer.
          No need to mention why growing your own is better than buying them in from the stores.
          Also if you keep your biggest cloves for next year, you wont have to buy any again unless you want to try different varieties.
          Hope this helps.
          "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

Finally remembered to take a piccy of my garlic and elephant garlic

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ic-mar2011.jpg

And my elephant garlic
            http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ic-mar2011.jpg

Comment

Wow, that's really impressive.

Ours are only about an inch high (if that)
              The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

I think mine are about two-three inches high. I've never grown garlic before, so I'll be interested to see what it ends up like. I've got some in pots and some in the ground
                Diagonally parked in a parallel universe!
                www.croila.net - "Human beans"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X