Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sylvan View Post
    When did you sow them?
    I sowed them 4th Jan in an airing cupboard. I kept them on the bathroom window which is west facing. When the sun's on it it gets really warm. They do get a bit leggy but that's easily sorted. Next year I'm deffo cutting down on numbers though.

Comment

• Now I have tomato envy.

Mine three varieties that were sown on 18th Jan are nowhere near the flowering stage. Did you pot yours on chengjing?

Massive bathroom windowsill Shadylane?
      The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

• hehe not really. The bigger ones go out into the blowaway in the day and back into the dining room at night. The smaller ones are spending day and night on the windowsill. To be fair it's only the Galinas which are flowering/fruiting. They're from Real Seeds and are supposed to be an early (yellow cherry) variety anyway. They do seem to grow quicker than the others.

Comment

• Shady. Are your Galinas 'tomato' leafed, 'potato' leafed or [as mine seem to be] 'pepper' leafed?

I'm just having a mare as 3 of mine all seem to have the exact same leaf and are growing faster than the others and I suspect they are all the same variety...so am trying to see if other people's Galina or Scotias are the same....

Comment

• My first tomato of the year is ripening. I sowed my seeds extra early....in OCtober. Lol! It's one I've managed to overwinter on my kitchen window sill. That having been said, all the mystery tomato seedlings that I potted on have flowered. They came up in Jan sometime out of a pot that had had tomatoes in that was still on my windowsill upstairs. The ones I left in little pots are still quite small though.
            I do Charity Wild food walks. Check out www.msitu.co.uk

Comment

• My Galinas (from Real Seeds this year) are potato-leaved, which i had not anticipated.

- totally different from all my other tomatos, with broader, non-serrated leaves, some with a purplish edge.

Comment

• Thanks TTTTWT.....that's reassuring!

Comment

• err I'd say they're more potato leafed - deffo not pepper leafed. Minamoo that's fab - you might be the first to have a ripe tommie this year

Comment

• The second pic on my blog The Linear Legume shows what my Yellow furry hog, most of my Scotia and all of my Galinas look like - definitely pepper leaved!!!

Comment

• Zazen, my Galinas look like this. *points to piccie*
                      Never heard of a Furry Hog, or a Scotia...
                      What they like then?
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Some of my toms (also sown in January) are the same size as yours Shadylane. I've just had to buy some deep pots to sink them into.
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadylane View Post
                          Zazen, my Galinas look like this. *points to piccie*
                          Never heard of a Furry Hog, or a Scotia...
                          What they like then?
                          Dunno as they all look the same!!!

The first leaf is pepper shaped, and the leaves after are potato - so here's hoping I really have got all 3 types.

I'll let you know what they are like, they are from a seed circle on *whispers another forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylvan View Post
                            Now I have tomato envy.

Mine three varieties that were sown on 18th Jan are nowhere near the flowering stage. Did you pot yours on chengjing?
                            Yes, I always pot them on, but not massive pot tho, they are now in 15cm pots. I think it is the variety. T&M thumbling tom red - surpose to be early
                            Last edited by chengjing; 20-04-2011, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                              Some of my toms (also sown in January) are the same size as yours Shadylane. I've just had to buy some deep pots to sink them into.
                              That piccie is from this time last year, but they're at about the same stage just in smaller pots. Putting off potting them on as there are too many and I doubt I'll squeeze em all in. Need to get on ebay I thinks

Comment

• I've got fruits set ( but tiny yet) on the toms I overwintered as cuttings. Cheating I know, but I'm chuffed with them.
                                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X