No announcement yet.

Best cherry tomato variety?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Black cherry, but found it prone to splitting. Mini Charm did well for me last year.
    Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Originally posted by secret santa View Post
      Santa tries to be good to all boys and girls, taff.

there's no smiley for someone shaking their head and smiling....

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
        My favourite so far is a yellow drop shaped one and I think the flavour is excellent. It fruits very heavily too. Need to grow it out again this year to check it comes true. I've taken some cuttings so I can compare with last years.
        Sounds interesting, look forward to hearing how it goes - an OP cherry tom with the flavour of Sungold would be very popular I reckon!
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
          Sounds interesting, look forward to hearing how it goes - an OP cherry tom with the flavour of Sungold would be very popular I reckon!
          I found some dehybridised Sungold earlier today and (against my best laid tomato plans for 2011) bought some of the Tomato Sungold Select 2. I was pointed that direction from some posts I'd been reading on a US forum. I'm trying the Richmond River Green Apple Cucumber from them as well.

At the bottom of the page!

TOMATOES S to Z - Solana Seeds
          Jiving on down to the beach to see the blue and the gray, seems to be all and it's rosy-it's a beautiful day!

Comment

Another vote for Red Alert-very profilic and nice flavour.

Comment

I'm giving "Vilma" a go for the first time this year.... looks good in the piccie on the packet (don't they all ). Has anyone else tried it?

G

p.s. Vilma is a compact bush form
              Last edited by Gurberly; 30-01-2011, 07:20 AM.
              I fear no beer

Comment

Black Cherry and Chololate Cherry are both good here.
                I love growing tomatoes.

Comment

black cherry all the way for me, perfect!

Comment

can anybody shine some light on zucherrio tomatoe plant are they a cherry or a big tomatoe thanks

Comment

tomato

Originally posted by grenhouse View Post
                      black cherry all the way for me, perfect!
                      hi are the black cherry hard to grow as i have only started growing my veg last year grew sun gold toms they turned out ok cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by quimby44 View Post
                        can anybody shine some light on zucherrio tomatoe plant are they a cherry or a big tomato thanks

I googled it for you and this was the top answer...

Tomato Zucchero - B&Q | Vegetable Seeds | B&Q Growing with Suttons:

Comment

i grew tumbling toms last year they were a lovely tasting heavy cropping cherry tomato i had 6 vines and did not know what to do with them all
                          i dont suffer with insanity i enjoy every minute of it

Comment

I grew tumbler in hanging baskets last year, and lined the baskets with teabags to help keep the moisture in. Seemed to work a treat, as I didn't water them much and had lots of lovely little toms.
                            Real Men Sow - a cheery allotment blog.

Comment

when I took over the lottie from an elderly gent a few years ago, he had left some black cherry's growing in the greenhouse. He hadn't been to the allotment for a month or two and they still looked great and produced. I saved seed from these and have been growing them for the last couple of years and done really well. They are very tidy plants, very heavy cropping and I have to say I have not encountered the 'splitting' that others have mentioned.

They are also a great talking point in a salad!

Comment

For me it's got to be Suttons Hundreds and Thousands (Micro) Not cheep seeds I know but you get loads and loads of grape size fruits. It's best grown in Hanging Baskets or Containers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X