Dwarf bean Opera

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwarf bean Opera

Does anyone know how high these grow? No mention on the packet or in the seed catalogue and I don't know whether to plant in front of or behind my peas

Most dwarf beans grow to 3-4ft max. However my dwarf french only grew to 2 1/2 ft two summers ago.

Don't know if that helps. Are you able to plant with a north/south orientation, cos that will help with the potential shading issue. I presume that is why you are asking.
    Bright Blessings
    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Thanks for the reply I think I will plant in blocks rather than rows as they will probably be the same height as the peas. They will be in a south/west direction.

Comment

I have read that dwarf beans don't need any frame or similar to climb up, so I assume they grow like a bush. I am growing dwarf french beans for the first time this year and will just watch and see how they go on and, perhaps, if neccessary, supprt them with something twiggy

Comment

Put the name in google - it seems to grow in short bush form like all dwarf french beans. I've grown them in the past, they don't need any support as they come to the height of your knee-nob on a good day! They are lovely beans. I love climbing french beans and put in a row or two of drawf beans too becasue they ususally mature a bit faster - keeps me going.

Flum
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X