No announcement yet.

I'm not fit to be a 'mother'!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't leave mine out at night in the unheated GH till the end of May! I'm a softie mother. I spoil mine. They'll end up having a tantrum and being sick I reckon!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I'm not fit to be a 'mother'!
      indeed
      you should have checked cloud cover or weather forecast....really how can you be a gardner without being a weather geek!

Comment

Mine wont be going anywhere near a greenhouse for a while yet. Heartless beasts you lot!
        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Mine won't be outside for ages yet but then again, I only sowed most of them last Friday and they're only just coming through. Even the earlies have only just been potted on to a 3"pot after work tonight.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

It looks to me like a bit of frost damage. But they look fine and look to me that they will survive.

Plants will sulk if you move them from one place to the other - reminds me of teenagers - I have 2 of them (teenagers not plants) though one is 20 soon so hope the teenage sulks stop on that day!!

Comment

Thankfully, they are still standing and looking strongish, they will carry their battle scars on the lower leaves but above that the growth is good and green!
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

Varieties Glacier, Tamina and Stupice are supposed to withstand more cold than most. Has any one experience with these? Stupice is supposed to taste really good too.

Tomato Glacier - Tomato Seeds - Thompson & Morgan

Tomato Tamina - Tomato Seeds - Thompson & Morgan

Tomato Stupice - Tomato Seeds - Thompson & Morgan

Comment

I've grown Tamina for a couple of years. They do withstand a lot of cold and I was quite happy with the taste.
                  The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

You don't say when you put them out. If you are talking about last Friday, there was a partiucularly vicious frost on Friday night. I am 20-30 miles south of you and there was an inch of ice on my water butt on Saturday morning. If that is the frost you mean, your plants did quite well to survive with only blotches, which I suspect will not recur as the plant develops (although it is something we could all do without).

Rob

Comment

I didn't 'put them out' in the cold - they went into a heated greenhouse, but the heated greenhouse didn't seem to be heated enough ...the temp went down to a smidge below zero, not quite to -1

We didn't have the sort of hard frost that you had Rob, thankfully - it was the pretty white stuff, but the water in the can (outside the greenhouse!) had not turned to ice.

The babies are looking quite strong albeit a little battle scarred - bless
                      aka
                      Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                        The babies are looking quite strong albeit a little battle scarred - bless
                        It'll make men of 'em!
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I must be a real softie mum - my little greenhouse is heated with an electric heater on frost guard, so it never drops below 5c. Then when they move to the big lottie greenhouse they have a gas heater also on frost guard setting til June!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X