How do you eat your Greens?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
    Veggies usually steamed here, some are roasted and boiling only if they are in soup. Stir fried if that's the meal of the day

Trying to decide at the moment if I want to make white sauce for the cauliflower
    Same here Shirl. Onion or cheese sauce? I could just eat that.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

never tried an onion sauce with Cauliflower and it doesn't sound quite right. is it an ok melange?

Comment

i roast broccalli with a little olive oil, then once cooked mix with lemon juice and parmesan. It tastes very different to steaming or boiling and is absolutely delicious.

Comment

Kale is also lovely mixed in to mashed spuds.

Comment

I love kale/broccoli/calabrese raw I often nibble on it when out in my garden - and I love it in salads. People look at me mad when I serve it up, but they're suprised when they taste it and like it.

We don't really boil green veg, it's normally shallow fried, or stir fried.

I tell you what is amazing though - curly kale, on a baking tray - bit of honey on it, and then grill it until it's cripsy. It's like a sweet seaweed type thing - so so tasty! Same without the honey

Comment

Chard is fantastic ripped into a curry!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

PSB usually steamed, I'm with you Binley - only tichy little heads so far so not enough to harvest...

Green leafy stuff - dwarf kale, tuscany kale and savoy cabbage: usually stir fried with garlic, ginger and one or two chillis from the chilli roulette bag in my freezer. Filled it over the summer/autumn last year and in general have no idea how hot anything will turn out to be. Makes dinner time very interesting!
                come visit a garden
                or read about mine www.suburbanvegplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hate boiled green veggies, they just lose that nice crunchyness that you get when they're steamed (so much healthier too ) although do stir fry if I'm making a stir fry.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I have a hybrid recipe for a kale,bean and charizo stew which is great if you like hearty meals.I've typed it out( for a friend) on word if you want?
                    I tried a chard recipe from a 'google ' that is realy good.
                    Crush some garlic,and a touch of olive oilin a pan, whilt the chard in that with a touch of chicken stock. Realy great as a side veg,provided you like garlic?
                    I just google the ingreadients and get ideas that way.
                    Happy days,the sun just came out.
                    Mizjazzi

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X