Beans, beans, are good for your ...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beans, beans, are good for your ...

I love beans. Just found a new supplier: website not brill, but some lovely heritage varieties
    www.beansandherbs.co.uk
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Interesting selection there 2sheds. I fancy the borlotti as I'm a fan of dried beans. I heard of something else that's good for you today. My optician said red wine is good for the retina! (till you see double I expect).
    Thanks for the link.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Good link 2sheds. I'm trying beans for the first time this year - barlottie, french and some purple ones. Can't wait to get growing! Bernie aka Dexterdog
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

As a veggie, I eat a lotta beans (first rate protein, wind not a problem: I think my gut has evolved).
        Barlotta are superb beans - while growing they look just like fat pink sausages. I dry most of my beans because I quickly get sick of the glut of green beans. I sprout small beans to put in salads, sandwiches (super-cheap, no cooking so no electrickery)
        http://www.primalseeds.org/sprouting.htm
        The Vegetarian Society say you shouldn't eat kidney (or other large) beans sprouted: so I boil large beans and add to pasta/chilli/curry sauce, soup, salad, whatever.

Comment

Borlotti beans are traditionally used for a good minestrone soup.

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
            Interesting selection there 2sheds. I fancy the borlotti as I'm a fan of dried beans. I heard of something else that's good for you today. My optician said red wine is good for the retina! (till you see double I expect).
            Thanks for the link.
            Red wine is also supposed to be good for several other things, I suppose it depends on how much you drink?

Comment

Two Sheds,
              Have you come across BLACK TURTLE BEANS to grow yet? I use them in a vegetarian chilli that I love with Aubergines, and the beans really absorb flavours well, and I've never seen them for growing. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by wellie View Post
                Two Sheds,
                Have you come across BLACK TURTLE BEANS ... I've never seen them for growing
                Yes, they're on that link I gave. £1.50 a packet. Here it is again...
                http://www.beansandherbs.co.uk/heirloombeanseed.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                  As a veggie, I eat a lotta beans (first rate protein, wind not a problem: I think my gut has evolved).
                  Barlotta are superb beans - while growing they look just like fat pink sausages. I dry most of my beans because I quickly get sick of the glut of green beans. .

Have you tried yin yang beans 2sheds? I save my seeds year to year. I could let you have some if you like. Send a pm with your address.
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Oh great!! Thanks LJ and TS.... I've finished eating now, so I can explore the link, thanks again...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X