No announcement yet.

Beans

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Heidi and welcome to the vine! I agree totally with denise - keep experimenting and see what you come up with - this is what I did last year in my back garden, and this year Ive got a lottie! Lots of fun and excitement! Looking forward to hearing how you get on. Best wishes Bernie aka Dexterdog
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      there's a lovely selection of beans on www.beansandherbs.co.uk
      good descriptions of flavour and colour, check it out
      Thank you, 2S, that's a brill link, I shall be placing an order tomorrow!
      Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 22-03-2007, 08:36 PM. Reason: duplication!

Comment

Hello Heidi, nice to meet you. Make yourself at home here and remember, we are all newbies really!

My borlotti beans were given to us by an Italian neighbour who also has a lottie near us (he gave us some plums as well, but I made wine with them!)
        He said to plant then at the end of May in the ground, then they grow.
        Have got plenty if you want some.
        All the best

Comment

HOTH
          I grew Alderman peas last year and they grew to about 6ft in height - really good cropper too - kept picking them and they kept cropping. Also Victoriana do a victorian climbing pea too - not sure what they call it but it grows hell of a tall apparently.
          Rat

British by birth
          Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
          http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for that, SR, I've got my eye one called Sugar Ann - a mange tout which grows to 1.3m - but I've plenty of room, and I fancy a 'shelling' pea too, so I'll check out both of those you mention.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X