Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planting out pea seedlings - what distances?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
    Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaas glorioussssssss peaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!
    Originally posted by Jelliebabe View Post
    Peas not war
    Originally posted by King Carrot View Post
    Peas be with you - and also with you

Lettuce pray!
    CM have you bean at the Flubenvet?! Have you all bean drinking the comfrey feed?! Peas be with you three
    ;-) I vote for world peas but the has beans are still in power
    Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 13-04-2011, 08:55 PM.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I've sown a rediculous amount of peas, probably too many, too close together. But I'll be sowing more as soon as I've decided where.
      My neighbour has BOUGHT 8 plants from the garden centre, she's planted them in a wigwam, I would like to tell her that she will not be able to feed her family of 5 for 1 meal with that but I
      don't want to upset her.
      I dread to think how much she paid when she could have bought seeds and had soooooo many more....
      X
      Www.chicorychildrenandchickens.wordpress.com

Comment

Does this mean those of us sowing lots of seed have more expea-rience through mis-staking in the past?!
        Seriously though peas and beans, beans and peas - it's easy to see why people buy a few plants expecting similar cropping to beans.
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I can completely understand the mistake. I don't know what made me plant a gazzillion last year (my first) probably seeing that they could be grown so close together on the pack, being greedy I sowed hundreds! I did however, give them 8 foot stakes
          Www.chicorychildrenandchickens.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Poddington Pea View Post
            I can completely understand the mistake. I don't know what made me plant a gazzillion last year (my first) probably seeing that they could be grown so close together on the pack, being greedy I sowed hundreds! I did however, give them 8 foot stakes
            I bet they didn't reach the top! People put peas and beans together - it is an easy mistake. I think Lewak should be proud as seven is a start and next year it could be 70, thereafter 700! Maybe someone should write short guides to ...peas, then beans, etc. If the most experienced/those interested on here took one each say. They could be stickies or put into a How To folder.

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
              Maybe someone should write short guides to ...peas, then beans, etc.
              It's bean done with other subjects, people don't read them though.

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ng-techniques/

There's so much info in old threads but people don't like to search out the 'archives', they like to post a new question/new thread
              Last edited by Two_Sheds; 14-04-2011, 07:21 AM.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

With 8 tall peas up a wigwam you could get a small crop. With 8 short peas you won't get more than a meal. The yeilds from tall peas are higher - that's why many of us still grow them, though they are harder to cope with than those small ones you just shove in and which can be self supporting.
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                  It's bean done with other subjects, people don't read them though.

Growing Techniques

There's so much info in old threads but people don't like to search out the 'archives', they like to post a new question/new thread
                  ummmm figured this might be the case! Maybe if it was reordered in a folder called How To Guides or something, people might look?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X