Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when to harvest early pots

Hi

I am going to plants my charlotte seed potatoes, second early I think.
    I dont want to plant too many pots, I dont realy want to buy another lot(main crop).
    Can I delay planting of half of my charlotte, or leave them in the ground for a couple of months longer.
    Or should I get some main crop, (which ones) do I buy them now and plant them now?

Tiger

I staggered planting my pots of pots last summer so that I had fresh ones on a fairly regular basis. Not sure if it was correct or not but it worked for me.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Hello Tigerella, you can stagger the planting of your Charlotte to give you a succession over many months. Hope you get good crops.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

If an early stays in the ground, it becomes a maincrop...I harvested some Pentland Javelin last month (planted April 06)
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I would plant them all, dig as you need them. If you leave them in the ground they shouldn't come to any harm, just get a bit bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
            I would plant them all, dig as you need them. If you leave them in the ground they shouldn't come to any harm, just get a bit bigger.
            I agree thats what I did last year with charlotte and pentland javelin that I grew in pots I dug that last up in october.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X