No announcement yet.

Easiest crop to grow

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't grow rhubarb (have bought 4 crowns over the last 2 years and every one has died)
    My radish always get maggots (cabbage root fly)
    Garlic: I've never had a good crop, even with super duper expensive sets
    Dwarf beans: get covered in silt and slugs
    Spring onions: just sit in the ground and don't grow (but are doing well in modules, fingers crossed)
    Brassicas: are my most difficult crop because of all the pests they attract. I hate them

My easiest crops then are climbing French beans. If you can get them through the seedling stage without slugs eating them, and don't plant them out when it's too cold, off they go

Ditto with pumpkins & squash.

Chard is very easy for me: I planted it once, let it self-seed and now it's everywhere

Sorrel: just popped it in a hole, now I have a big lush plant that throws leaves up every Feb

Spuds: very easy, drop in a hole and you're bound to get at least some spuds however inept you are. In you're inept at digging up all the crop, you'll also get free volunteer spuds early the next spring
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 22-04-2011, 07:22 AM.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Broad beans have to be one of the easiest crops to grow in my books, ya just pop a seed in a hole, water it and it grows. I've had 100% germination from my beans this year and in past years come to think about it. The flowers are lovely and most of them have a wonderful scent to them. You can sow some at the back end of the season ready for an early crop when spring comes around the following year, depending on where you live that is.

Comment

Hello

I'd go for runner beans, i'm growing these for the first time this year. All i've done so far is sow the seed, water, wait and now they are big strong plants.

Also, never had any problem with courgettes and they've always produced a good crop.

On the fruit side, strawberries, loads of different varieties and sizes to choose from, easy to plant in the ground or in pots or containers, just keep watering when required. Only problem for me if there are outside is keeping birds/insects of the fruit before I get to it!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X