No announcement yet.

Watering potatoes in potato bags.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had rain today and that reminded me of another point for first time container growers. Don't look out the window when its raining and think that will do the watering for you it won't!

When the haulms are well up as they are now on my first earlies they make a perfect umbrella so always check your compost. Even if it means you look a complete twit stood in the rain with a watering can.

Colin
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

First year for me too and it's a hard one to judge, so difficult to see how deeply the water is penetrating. But I'm out there every day prodding and poking everything and can't often resist giving them a good watering if they look dry. I just go with my addiction and hope for the best :-)
      If a plant is growing on top i'm assuming they're growing underneath too..
      Visit my blog if you dare! www.gardenofheathen.wordpress.com

Comment

I watered mine, until the water ran out from the drainage wholes once the halums were high and flowers started forming. I had a pretty good harvest.

Then I switched (for my main crop) to watering from below (in a tray) and they were huge.

Comment

I have mine in containers with small holes in the bottom that are then buried in the soil , my first year so it will be interesting to see the results with the recent hot weather

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X