No announcement yet.

cold night coming

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ours is set to be around 4 degrees tomorrow night which i believe is cold enough for a frost. I'll be cloching up what i possibly can

Comment

I was about to leave my plants out for their first night out last night - but decided against it, tonight it's up to 10 overnight though. I did leave a couple of courgettes out to see what'd happen (I have way, way to many plants ), they're fine [actually have been out a few days as I forgot about them] so far.. will compare their growth.

Comment

It got down to -0.7 a metre above the ground and according to my other thermometer (which I think shows a little low) on the ground it got to -2.
        So maybe about -1c.
        I covered anything I could, but my neighbours didn't bother and their stuff seems to be ok.
        "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

no damage done to uncovered veg last night. false alarm
          my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

Everything seems to be ok here, even in the (at the moment) draughty greenhouse, so there can't have been a frost. Nowhere to put stuff inside anyway now.
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

The wind is picking up again round this neck of the woods so we should be OK temp wise.

Colin
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by endymion View Post
                Originally posted by VirginVegGrower
                View Post
                I use this which you can set to your postcode

Metcheck.com - Global Weather Forecasts -
                Goodness! Thanks for the warning.

I checked it, and we're forecast 0C for tonight, which probably makes it minus something or other at ground level.
                The thermometer recorded a low of 0C on the ground, so it looks as if Metcheck was right.

I do wish it would warm up a bit, and rain a bit, and the wind would stop blowing quite so much.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X