No announcement yet.

Show us your frames

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks very interesting, VC! But I think the white balance is off in your photos - the sky is a strange colour.
    March is the new winter.

Comment

Only in one direction, eirish, looking south its definitely white!!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Gardening on a slope is challenging! Today, with the help of a tall neighbour and some scrounged bamboos, we built this framework. The idea is that the beans grow on the upper level and will be trained outwards, horizontally over the bamboos. The beans will hang down and I will pick them from underneath.
        I'll put some pots on the lower level and may grow beans up the poles too.
        Wish me luck
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]30180[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]30181[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]30182[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]30183[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]30184[/ATTACH]
        Nice frame. And lovely landscape where you live. I'm only 24 yrs old and I hope in the future a lovely house with big garden submerge in green ill and Blu sky( when is sunny). When I transfer my pic I show my tomato and strawberry frame

Comment

Thanks Sarico! My advice would be, look for a flat garden, as gardening on a slope always leads to compromise! You have to make the best use of whatever you have but it would be a lot easier if it were level!!
          Look forward to seeing your pics

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Thanks Sarico! My advice would be, look for a flat garden, as gardening on a slope always leads to compromise! You have to make the best use of whatever you have but it would be a lot easier if it were level!!
            Look forward to seeing your pics
            here... i found some pic on my pc... the first one is the tomato frame where i secured all the metal spiral to support them considered that here is very windy often... in the second you can see the frame on the left and the two cube made with double layer of fleece so it work as wind screen and the top i can take of on and off.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hmm
              Re "Frames"
              All seem a tad to tall, lacking glass and very drafty!
              Jimmy
              Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

Here is the rustic version of my bean supports - made from hazel cut from the garden.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's my even more rustic version, made from downed branches, mostly beech I think. Pardon the neighbours' laundry...
                  Attached Files
                  March is the new winter.

Comment

Wow some of these are amazing!! how do you keep the wood ones made of batterns from falling over though? are they pummeled into the ground? how far?

I am a total noob with any sort of woodwork but i have a large shed full of odd bits leftover from when i lined my van out and built a bed.

Comment

Pipkins - I am going to shamelessly steal your frame idea - i love it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X