rotten s***** ! !

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pompeylottie View Post
    ...asparagus, cut professionally under the soil?
    Definitely wasn't me then - I didn't know you had to do that! It's obviously someone that knows exactly what they're doing. I'd be looking very close to home.

It's hard to believe someone can know how much effort you've put in and still steal from you.
    Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
    By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
    While better men than we go out and start their working lives
    At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Dont worry, you wouldn't have been my first suspect Mrbadexample, bit of a long way to come from the Midlands to sunny (very dry) Pompey!

Comment

Actually, I was there just over 3 weeks ago. FA cup final day it was. When did they go missing?

I have to say it's threads like this one that make the garden v allotment question easier to answer. I'd be distraught if my hard-earned dinner went missing.
        Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
        By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
        While better men than we go out and start their working lives
        At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Breaks the heart to think its one if your fellow lotty folk. A kid you could just about forgive (maybe) (btw. Ive got my eye on you mr badexample!)
          Dunno if theyre legal or not but how about trip wires? They're basically what they sound like but just give off a loud bang.
          They wouldn't like it up 'em captain mainwaring!
          Trouble is, you'd have to be fairly confident about where you put them so you'd remember yourself!
          Clay soil is just the big yins way of letting you know nothing good comes easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pompeylottie View Post
            ....................... Last year someone had his spuds pinched but they left the haulms in the ground wilting away!
            I've had this happen to me!

My plot was bordering a main road so someone must have stopped their car, nicked my spuds, then drove off!
            This was a long time ago and I remember thinking that if someone was so hard up they couldn't afford a few spuds........they were welcome to em.
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by mrbadexample View Post
              I am guilty of allotment theft.

There, I've said it. As a child, I stole from the local allotment.

In my defence, things were different then. Our idea of nicking was to pinch a carrot and eat it. I never vandalised anything or knowingly damaged anything.

But to whoever I nicked that carrot from, in about 1976, I'm really sorry.

OP, gutted for you. Especially the asparagus, as it takes such an investment of time.
              i remember being caught scrumping as a kid,11,my jumper got caught in the tree and the owner had to lift me down,he was laughing,i was terrified,ended up he got us to pick his apples and we were given some each to take home,we did that for 3 years until the council put a compulsery purchase order on his land so they could build rubbish houses that were demolished less than 15 years later,trashed by the rubbish they put in there,i still look at that site whenever i go to the midlands,now it has burnt out cars and old matresses on it,the local council did clear it but 2 days later it was a dump again,why do some people want to live in dirt and grime,where has self respect gone?..i wouldnt want to be rearing kids today,there seems no guidence from those people who helped us as kids,if we played up,we got a thick ear,but we also got some rules on how to act,treat others as you want to be treated,,etc,sorry if i got on a bandwagon,i now realise just how lucky we were as kids...

Comment

so sorry to hear of your stuff going missing, shame the local bobby cant still give them a thick ear

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X