No announcement yet.

peas - questions, questions!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Davy, do you want pea shoots or actual peas?

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
      Davy, do you want pea shoots or actual peas?
      I grew some Kelvadon Wonder and some hurst but there finished now, and I was wondering if there was any chance of another crop this year?

Comment

My second sowing of Kelverton Wonder went in a month ago, not sure how far you would get at this time.

Colin
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Davyburns View Post
          Is it too late to start another sowing?
          No but you are right at the very back end of the season. I have done some more gutter sowings which are in the greenhouse and ready to go out this week. Sowing two more once they're empty. Kelvedon Wonder is your best bet for early Autumn picking.
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

1st week in July is usually regarded as the last time to sow peas, but it depends on the weather. I sowed some and they are now about 3in high and growing strongly. Only thing to watch is planting distance as late peas can be affected by mildew, give plants breathing space.

Ian

Comment

My books all say end July and I have gone right up to the end of July for the last few years. Give them a go - just don't expect a massive crop.
              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X