No announcement yet.

potato blight or defiency

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... mine did too so I dug them up. Not many (five from one plant, from my own saved from last year's crop) but they were big & perfect, and NO SCAB ~ I've done it, I've beaten the scab
    Well done TS - do you use as a salad potato? No scab wanted if so!
    Last edited by SarzWix; 03-08-2011, 09:29 PM. Reason: adding quote tags
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Well, ya learn sommat new every day! I have far too many King Eddies in the ground - enough to feed a larger village than ours, I reckon. I will be experimenting with leaving some in situ. Thanks for that!

I love this 'place!'
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
        - do you use [PFA] as a salad potato?
        yes indeedy, they're the best
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

And they last into next spring if stored properly - we had a load of them on Christmas Day which was FAR easier than trying to get new potatoes ready for then

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Storage it is for PF then. Leave in ground to set skins for a couple of weeks?!
            Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 03-08-2011, 10:41 PM.
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I certainly would.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X