turnip family

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turnip family

This year I am growing broccoli raab and turnip greens, both from real seeds. The web site says these are both from the turnip family, I was wondering if anyone had grown either of these before and if they would atract cabbage whites or not. I have absolutely no idea on planting distances as the seed packet doesn't give any information on this

Serenity
    I don't know about cabbage whites, the flea beatles got there first and ruined my crop. Have now got enviromesh to try again.
    sue

Comment

Last year's Raab didn't germinate (or got eaten) so I have tried again ... sowed some yesterday. I sowed the seed about 2 inches apart.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Yes, you will need to protect from the dreaded cabbage whites.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          Last year's Raab didn't germinate (or got eaten) so I have tried again ... sowed some yesterday. I sowed the seed about 2 inches apart.
          Sowed my raab, turnips and winter radishes after the onion harvest. I had to spray them only once. I do love the taste of all of them, expecially raab which you can have several pickings from the same plant. I presume that also they can be planted early spring. By the way I still not smoking!!! winning my battle and cannot sleep.
          My best regards
          Don Vincenzo

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X