Soil Treatments

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realfood View Post
    Zazen, interesting what you say about some brassica leaves being "melted", as I have seen it myself and heard of others reporting the same condition. The only good thing is that the brassicas do not curl up and die with aminopyralid!
    I think I'm going to take photos and post them - just in case it helps anyone ID amino.

Was talking to my lottie neighbour about it all this morning; bearing in mind he hadn't had his taken away as he had been told if he kept digging it in the effects would soon go - and he is having to replace his whole fruit bush stock. Bearing in mind half his full size plot was put over to fruit - and even moving them none of them have recovered.

Comment

Been looking for almost an hour and can find no reference to penalties in the UK. There are penalties in the US but that is not here. Read a fair bit about Dow Chemicals and am horrified.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
        Been looking for almost an hour and can find no reference to penalties in the UK. There are penalties in the US but that is not here. Read a fair bit about Dow Chemicals and am horrified.
        Yup - it's quite shocking isn't it.

Comment

The use of Picloram seems to go unmentioned, its used ALOT, and can have similar results, i believe it was used in 'nam on plants that survived agent orange!
          Now huge quantities of people are spraying it onto grazing meadows all over the place.

I doubt its also just this area where large amounts of wheat have been killed off with doses of glyphosate this year, it wont mention that on a loaf of bread or your can of lager!!
          The country has gone chemical crazy.
          <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

What on earth were they doing spraying wheat with gyphosate??

Comment

This years early hot spring lead to a very dissapointing wheat crop but very early, the wet summer brought on re-growth which is new fresh heads of wheat in amongst the ripe stuff, it cant be seperated, it has to be harvested, they spray with glyphosate to kill it off first.
              It was very widespread this year, in the south east anyway.
              <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Just bumping this.

My leeks got Allium Leaf Miner quite soon on, so I decided to leave them and see what the final results were and just burn the leeks at the end, and the Caliente mustard grew fantastically well - I chopped it back a few weeks ago and quite alot resprouted.

I've also - where the main 'bad' bed was - just smothered it with all the compostable material that I can, including the contents of most of the tomato pots grown in the greenhouse at home....it's made quite a large mound and I'll probably try this for my squash bed this year and see if any of them grow without being mangled like the last 2 years.

Even swiss chard is affected - the swiss chard in this bed - again - looks like it has melted leaves whilst the swiss chard in other beds from the same seed bag - is fine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X