• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha Ha excuses excuses

Comment

Aye that was excuse number 243 in the potato guide book
      Potato videos here.

Comment

I can see you guys are going to be slugging it out...there may be a verbal slugfest...

I've never tried Cara, simply because I was so fed up with slug damage that my first criteria when choosing seed potatoes became, "how slug resistant is it ?" (That may be superseded by, "How blight resistant is it?" which used to be number two.)
        I found that the amount of damage often depended on the type of slugs lurking, but anyway I like Kestrel so much now I don't have to worry really.
        There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Kestrel and Amorosa. We did alot of research and found these two to be the absolutely best at coming out with no slug damage. Nobody grows Amorosa but they are fantastic. Also Mr Little's Yeltolm Gypsy - purple on the outside, white on the inside and no slug damage whatsoever.

Comment

never come across Amorosa but always interested in good eaters. Found this link with some info Variety

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
              Also Mr Little's Yeltolm Gypsy - purple on the outside, white on the inside and no slug damage whatsoever.
              Yay, a vote for one of my favourites!
              http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...pud_38100.html
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X