No announcement yet.

Butternut Squash

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes... I do have clouches and fleece and will try to cover them as long as I could..
    meanwhile I noticed that they are more yellowish now

@Newton.. probably because in August it started raining and a lot of water was available for plants to go crazy...
    http://bageechah.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've got 12 BNS, not enormous, but each one big enough for the 3 of us roasted as a veg, sprinkled with homegrown dried chilli. They are turning colour, but still have a greensih tinge. I've got a mixture of other winter squash, some I can't name because they were swaps and don't look like I expected I'm not growing them at the side of the plot next year though, the committee might complain about me blocking the path. I got away with it this year, but as I'm part of the committee, I don't want to have to take me to task for blocking the way!
      There was a chill today, but hopefully we will be safe for a few more weeks as I'm a lot further south than some of you. The leaves are really dying back now though.
      Last edited by BarleySugar; 24-09-2011, 08:55 PM.
      I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
      Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Last night's forecast was for a week of Indian Summer with temps in the mid twenties at times, for us in the SE corner

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
          Last night's forecast was for a week of Indian Summer with temps in the mid twenties at times, for us in the SE corner
          for us too, but being on the coast it's more like 15c - which is still a RUDDY HOT DAY to us
          Last edited by Two_Sheds; 24-09-2011, 04:02 PM.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X