Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This winter I shall be mostly eating....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am Green with envy!

My butternuts got blown away. (no kidding!), and my first paatypans came out last week in time to get frozen?
    Mizjazzi

Comment

Awww, Pooh! Ya beat me! Only got thirty-four! Quite proud of my Turks Turbans, though.
      Attached Files
      When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Good looking crop, ive never been too sure about turks turban what do they taste like?

Comment

They are very nutty. Good firm flesh. I love 'em. Just as well as I am going to be eating them a lot this winter!

Comment

might give them ago next year, need to find some space though

Comment

You WILL need lots of space. They LOVE to ramble!

Comment

YUM!!!!

I managed four small sugar pumpkins and 7 hunter squash. A Tesco bag full anyway! I'm rather chuffed with myself but still hope to better it next year.

I've heard cobnut is better than hunter and tastes much the same- it's all got to grow outside, would you recommend I try cobnut instead?

Comment

Well worth a go.I keep trying different squashes to see how they perform and taste, unfortunately i dont have much room i can dedicate each year to squashes just a patch 16ft x 12ft

Comment

Creemteez - Squash, brilliant, but even better is your cold frame. Looks the business.

I want one of those - where did it come from?

Comment

Ah, Sorry Norm, that was a bespoke construction by Mr Teez! It IS fab. Eight feet long, four feet wide with two double glazed windows for a lid. I've lined the base with four inch thick, reflective insulation which seems to do the trick for added warmth and weed suppression. The sides were built from an old skittle alley made of oak that the parish hall were throwing out!

Comment

Leeks, my girlfriend planted every single one that we grew from seed while I was away, half the plot taken up by them!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X