No announcement yet.

Your Favourite Potato variety

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't tried that many variaties, but I will be growing Pentland Javelin and Kestrel again.

The Pentland's made a fantastic fluffy mash and for the first time in years, well for ever really, I enjoyed boiled spuds.
    Kestrels because they grow big, crop well (approx. 40 kg from 2.5kg seeds) and are slug resistant.
    Sometimes you just have to scratch that itch and get dirt under your finger nails.

Comment

first earlies - Lady Christl, fantastic flavour
      second earlies - Charlotte, great flavour/texture for salads and Kestrel, excellent yields and keep well
      maincrop - tried Harlequin this year and was disappointed with yield and slug resistance.

Comment

I like my old staple Duke of York, pink fir too. Grew Charlotte, Desiree, Pentland Javelin, International Kidney, Maris Peer and Piper this year. Couldn't tell you what was nicest as Mr VVG mixed them all together and brought me bits of allsorts.
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X