What happened to the potato poster?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the potato poster?

I was just wondering what ever happened to the potato poster. I clearly remember the poster on the walls at school and in other places. Photos of spuds, a short description etc. Now I want to give a couple to the local school (here in Bulgaria), and I can't find one at all. I sent an email to the British potato council, no reply. There is a fantastic on line index from the British potato council, sadly, not everybody has a computer, or the inclination to search for spud info, shame. Does anybody know if the poster is still going?

Maybe Tattieman ( a regular contributor ) will see this and have some ideas.

Comment

We do the Spuds for Schools thing in the spring. Funnily enough, potatoes are on the authority's "banned plants" list (health & safety). Go figure.

As for a poster, you may well have to knock your own one up: The British Potato Variety Database
      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 12-11-2011, 08:29 PM.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thanks for that, the web site is great, and it has a poster that we will try to print out. 'Banned plands list'? Do tell, I fancy the Bulgarians would have quite a chuckle about that one!

Comment

Schools aren't allowed to grow anything poisonous ~ that includes potatoes (but not foxgloves, so I treat the rule with more than a little healthy contempt)
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Keeping a poster up to date would be a major exercise these days with so many new varieties being introduced every year.

Comment

It is a little tricky where I live. In the shops they are marked as 'potatoes' sometimes with the country of origin, but that is about it. Irritating really, anyway, I am trying to get a supplier to send me some seed pots, not a lot of luck there either! Still, saves me poisoning myself I suppose!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X