No announcement yet.

Buying Seeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some eBay Defra registered seed sellers who I have used for the unusual and they were good.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

I have bought my seed from Marshalls & Suttons for many years and have had good service from both companies, their germination rates are good two.

We all have failures but I find if I look back it is usually my fault. As a for instance last year I had heck on with spring onion White Lisbon I didn't get any to germinate until about Aug. Couldn't blame the seed though as my mate had no problems with seed from the same packet.

Oh and I never did find out what he was doing that I wasn't.

Colin
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHackwell View Post
        I was quite unhappy with what was produced last year to be honest. I mostly have alot of carrot and leek seeds left over and im in the south of england
        What do you mean - what was produced? Did they germinate, and what varieties were they? What, where, when, how - all of these are more likely to make more of a difference than bad seed.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHackwell View Post
          How has everyone found Thompson and Morgan seeds?
          Had an email from them recommending Leaf beet fantasy & when I went on site found tomato sungold for 20p, salad leaves for 49p radish for 49p carrot flyaway for 99p so my new year resolution to resist buying seeds didn t last the day.I ordered a packet of cucumber (picolino) & they were 0p but I don`t know why.
          Postage is £1.99 but I should get some money back from topcashback as well.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X