No announcement yet.

Slugs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of size do the plants need to be before being unattractive to slugs?

I might put cut off bottles over the plants that are still there - wont protect againt the underground ones I guess, but at least it's something.

Would it help to sprinkle sand around my carrots?

Comment

Cut off bottles are working for me at the moment although the slugs have devoured one of my lettuces. I have sprinkled finely crushed eggshells everywhere too.
      http://strawberryjubes.tumblr.com/

Comment

Since testing a whole lot of different slug controls, I will now only use Iron (Ferric) phosphate ones. They work incredibly well!! Have a read of this Slugs & Snails - dragonfli

There's about 4 different Iron Phosphate products in my local garden centre so best bet is to just compare weight and prices.

Comment

... there have been no casualties since the cabbage attack on Wednesday.

I have covered my smaller plants with half-bottle cloches, and also introduced a beer slug trap in each raised bed made out of small water bottles - to see how that works.

If no luck then I will have to resort to more drastic measures suggested.

Thanks for advice all.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X