Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is your favourite veg/fruit to grow?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1: Sweetcorn.. golden cobs of corn picked and cooked within minitues from the plot...

2: Cauliflower.. there is nothing better than a large fresh cauliflower from the plot..

3: Peas.. a plate full of peas with a small helping of potatoes and meat..

4: Runner beans.. first crops of beans again a plate full with some bacon...
    do a little every day...
    keep it organic and taste and see the difference..

http://allotmentveggrower.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think the pumpkins we grew last year was the biggest surprise in terms of satisfaction - my daughter was beaming when she was carving it for Halloween too
      I'm looking forward to my tomato varieties the most this year I think, but my HUGE seed box tells me I have a lot of favourites - Zephyr, the cool looking courgette is high up there
      https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Carrots and Onions/shallots for me..I think!
        Carrots because nothing beats the smell or surprise when you pull them!
        Onions because you will always need one and they are so well behaved
        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
        sigpic

Comment

Raspberries and toms for me - there is nothing better than fresh berries for breakfast and the smell of a tomato plant is the bee knees

Comment

Has to be asparagus and sweetcorn for me. Two crops which are best appreciated when cooked as soon as they've been harvested. Just imposible with shop bought veg.
            It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

I grew melon for the first time last year and they were amazing.
              Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

For me it has to be Garlic. I just love pulling it from the ground hoping for those nice big heads and they keep for so long. Followed by Courgettes, a close second. What a wonderful crop, it can be used in so many ways...Yum
                "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

I think im a lost cause. I simply cannot choose a veg but my fruit would have to be plums or damsons every time.

Comment

Tomatoes. The flavour of homegrown toms are so different from the shop bought. In fact i hardly ever buy toms in the winter. I just eat them all the time from my greenhouse in the summer..yum

Comment

Tomatoes. First food I ever learned to grow, my next door neighbour taught me. Never had an issue growing them when I lived in suburbia, but moved rural last year. I was so disappointed when I got nothing last year, at home or allotment

Failing that, courgettes - grew them for the first time last year and had a hilarious time with 25 plants; we kept our family and everyone we know in courgettes and marrows for months.
                      Proud member of the Nutters Club.
                      Life goal: become Barbara Good.

Comment

always try to grow something new each year. But my favourite veg are tomatoes and cucumbers
                        All my projects including my brewing adventures!

www.make-your-own.info

Comment

French beans took the top spot last year, pounds and pounds of them and tasty frozen to boot.
                          My new Blog.

http://jamesandthegiantbeetroot.blogspot.com

Comment

Tomatoes and runner beans. Favourite fruit is now fig after enjoying my first homegrown fruits last summer.

Comment

I'm lazy, so potatoes, shallots and courgettes - the 3 easiest veg in the world!

Comment

I love courgette they grow like weed and sometime you just harvest some then the day after you spot a marrow lol.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X