Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

container gardening... what to grow and how...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Sarico thats correct, as soon as they are big enough to eat pick them and leave the rest to grown on.

Your really getting into this lets hope for a half decent harvest.

Colin
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarico View Post
      i bought from a shop this seed disk that you put in a basket
      Intriguing!
      What flowers are they?

Don't worry about your English ~ it's 100% better than my Italian (and my other half's. He met an Italian friend of mine, very glamorous lady and tried his one Italian phrase on her. He thought he was saying she's lovely, but apparently it actually meant she had a beautiful "lady part").
      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 28-02-2012, 06:30 AM.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        Intriguing!
        What flowers are they?
        hi two sheds this is a packet that you can found in B&M bargains for only £1.50 and there are 2 disk one said trailing mix and the other one petunia splendid mix. i've seen different packet and as well one for tomatoes and strawberry.... this is the picture of the packet...
        Attached Files

Comment

Sarico they look nearly as good as my hanging baskets. See below

Tumbler splendid.

Colin
          Attached Files
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
            Sarico they look nearly as good as my hanging baskets. See below

Tumbler splendid.

Colin
            colin i thought about that but if i put that on the front door i'm sure the postman will eat them everytime he come to bring the mail
            but i think i will do them in my back garden

Comment

Originally posted by Sarico View Post
              petunia splendid mix.
              It's not really warm enough for petunia yet
              Have yours germinated?
              Last edited by Two_Sheds; 28-02-2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

No I didn't use the petunia disk yet. And the other I only put yesterday and they are in my little greenhouse. I will try the petunia in couple of weeks.

Comment

Hi guy I need an other advice. I just bought a wireless thermometer with max and min temperature and I put it in one of my greenhouse. I record the temperature and I saw that night time is between 3-7 degrees . Because the new seeds in my propagator are already germinate I need space for them on my windowsill I was wondering if I could put some of my already potted seedling in there or not. The seedling are in a 10 cm pots and some have A small leaf coming through the middle of the two first leaves a dare tomatoes, sweet pepper, chilly, an aubergine, a one courgette. Thanks

Comment

I have planted baby carrots in a trough this year, never done them before, what are peoples experience on them germinating? I just kinda sprinkled them in two lines, quite a few of them, is that the best method?

Darren
                    Chilli Grower
                    mmmmmm Spicy Chilli.....
                    +----------------------------------+
                    | Blog: http://www.dg83.com/blog/|
                    +----------------------------------+

Comment

^ the reasons people report non-germination of carrots is usually down to:

a) sowing in too cold a soil (they recommend at least 10c)
                      b) slugs eating them as soon as they germinate, even before you see any green yourself

Comment

Originally posted by DGoulston View Post
                        I have planted baby carrots in a trough this year, never done them before, what are peoples experience on them germinating? I just kinda sprinkled them in two lines, quite a few of them, is that the best method?

Darren
                        hi darren hollychap is already try carrots and in the post 14 you can see the picture of carrot... plus colins also told i think in my other post that to sow carrot seed heavily and then thin them out as they grow to give more space the other left... but the one you thin out use as baby carrots... is what i will do in my garden this year... i hope to be helpfull...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X