Seed pwned by Monsanto

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
    a computer game programmer mis-spelt a word & now it is being used in forum thread titles as if it were a real word,which is actually worse than using Americanism's or the ever popular bored beans
    It's a very deliberate and appropriate use of the term BB.

Comment

Protecting legitimate business interests by seeking to prevent others selling something that they have incurred development costs in producing is good business sense. In no way does it deserve to have the comment you made in your OP "If you grow it you are funding people who copyright seed and who sell sterile seed" attached to it.

I think that is the point Newton tried to make.

It is clear from posts in other threads about Monsanta that you have a longstanding bee in your bonnet about them. Fine. As I said, bang your drum about them as much as you like. That's your choice. It just gets wearing seeing the same rhetoric time and time again.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
        It is clear from posts in other threads about Monsanta that you have a longstanding bee in your bonnet about them. Fine. As I said, bang your drum about them as much as you like. That's your choice. It just gets wearing seeing the same rhetoric time and time again.
        Don't read it then. If you see a thread by me with Monsanto in the title - pass over it. Simples.
        Last edited by zazen999; 29-02-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

It's for me to choose what I read and what I post, not for you to choose on my behalf. If I disagree with anything posted on this forum or wish to comment about it, I am perfectly at liberty to do so so long as I stay within the rules. I'm certain I have stayed within the rules.

Comment

It's for me to choose what I read and what I post, not for you to choose on my behalf. If I disagree with anything posted on this forum or wish to comment about it, I am perfectly at liberty to do so so long as I stay within the rules. I'm certain I have stayed within the rules.
            So don't complain that it is getting wearing. It's your choice. I don't come onto your thread and complain that your allotment fight is getting wearing and you are banging on about it - do I? It's important to you and you have a right to complain about it so you do.

I'm not in it to entertain you or anyone else - this is a very important subject for the future of food [and humankind] and all you can say is that I'm banging on about it. So what do YOU want - to vet all threads that are wearing you down?

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
              It's a very deliberate and appropriate use of the term BB.
              Nah sorry Zaz it's a mis spelt word,granted it has an assumed "urban" meaning,but it is not real until it is in Collin's Concise English Dictionary
              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I'm glad the thread has been put up. It contains links which we can all read and make our own minds up about. Its up to us as consumers about which specific forms of capitalism we support with our cash, and which ones we avoid. I may ask questions about carrots, and Zazen or others may have a certain viewpoint about them, but if I dont ask, I will remain confused, and then I can't make an informed choice. I can still choose to go and buy Chantenay carrot seeds or any other seeds that may or may not be linked with Monsanto after reading this thread. But at least then it would be an informed decision.

By the way, after checking out this thread yesterday I went on to the Real Seeds website and they've got some lovely looking varieties of carrots, so I may try a change this year anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Helgalush View Post
                  By the way, after checking out this thread yesterday I went on to the Real Seeds website and they've got some lovely looking varieties of carrots, so I may try a change this year anyway.
                  The yellow ones they do (or used to, not checked for a couple of years) are very nice

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                    The yellow ones they do (or used to, not checked for a couple of years) are very nice
                    Thanks for the recommendation

Comment

I will say it again, I have no problems with you banging on about Monsanta. What part of that don't you understand? I didn't come on to your thread and complain that it was getting wearing. That comment was made in response to some unreasonable comments you made because you didn't like the feedback you were getting.

As for my posts in connection with allotments fight etc, there is nothing self effacing about that. I have the absolute knowledge, gained from my personal experience,to help others facing huge rent increases. Everything proveable with hard facts. No innuendo, no rumour,no misinformation.. I have put myself and my personal finances at risk at local level by taking our local Council on head first in Court. None of this is for my personal benefit. I am not seeking to further my own agenda as you clearly are.

I didn't choose the fight with the Council. The fight found me simply because I won a stupid trophy and then became the local contact for the organisation that awarded the trophy. They sent me information as a result of which the whole thing started rolling. And I made it clear that I was happy to stop banging on about it if people didn't want to hear. I was asked to keep banging on.

Now where was I? Oh yes. Bang on as much as you like. It's your party

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                        Nah sorry Zaz it's a mis spelt word,granted it has an assumed "urban" meaning,but it is not real until it is in Collin's Concise English Dictionary
                        Sorry BB - but I am quite Urban myself. I'm not waiting until Collins catches up!

Comment

I will say it again, I have no problems with you banging on about Monsanta. What part of that don't you understand? I didn't come on to your thread and complain that it was getting wearing. That comment was made in response to some unreasonable comments you made because you didn't like the feedback you were getting.

As for my posts in connection with allotments fight etc, there is nothing self effacing about that. I have the absolute knowledge, gained from my personal experience,to help others facing huge rent increases. Everything proveable with hard facts. No innuendo, no rumour,no misinformation.. I have put myself and my personal finances at risk at local level by taking our local Council on head first in Court. None of this is for my personal benefit. I am not seeking to further my own agenda as you clearly are.

I didn't choose the fight with the Council. The fight found me simply because I won a stupid trophy and then became the local contact for the organisation that awarded the trophy. They sent me information as a result of which the whole thing started rolling. And I made it clear that I was happy to stop banging on about it if people didn't want to hear. I was asked to keep banging on.

Now where was I? Oh yes. Bang on as much as you like. It's your party
                          How is this furthering my own agenda? The agenda of humankind maybe; and being that I am a human - that is allowed. Is that such a bad thing?

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                            Sorry BB - but I am quite Urban myself. I'm not waiting until Collins catches up!
                            I just assumed it was a typo, means nothing to me but the thread itself is fine. I hadn't appreciated that some of these seeds had any connection at all with Monsanta and if all they were doing was making a profit off mugs that buy their seeds then I wouldn't be bothered but the whole manipulation side of their business makes my skin crawl - there's loads of books / educated articles about it out there.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

I just assumed it was a typo
                              Ah, have googled and discovered it is based on a typo and is one of those really annoying and supposedly hip bits of language which I hate and for me, takes away some of the importance of the thread but others will disagree.

Comment

Ah, have googled and discovered it is based on a typo and is one of those really annoying and supposedly hip bits of language which I hate and for me, takes away some of the importance of the thread but others will disagree.
                                How does it take away from the importance? It's not that it is hip [it inn't] it's that it is used in an 'I own you now' context. As described in the Urban Dictionary 'It basically means "to own" or to be dominated by an opponent or situation, especially by some god-like or computer-like force.' Hence completely appropriate in this context.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X