Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you had your seed potatoe orders yet ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am NOT growing any potatoes this year ...because
    a. Not been able to clear any new ground for them and all my cleared ground is already 'taken'.
    b. We did not eat all the poatatoes we grew last year.....actually ended up throwing some away (cos they went squidgy)
    c. We are not eating much in the way of carbohydrates - so potatoes are now a 'treat'. Christmas and if we decide to have steak whilst out at a restaurant. (Dont have chip shops here so dont have that temptation .
    Feeling sad about it - GammVert was full of seed pots today ...do like growing them. Might try again next year and just give them away.
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Had exactly the same prob with T&M last year so changed to Kings Seeds this year - very efficient and good customer service

Comment

Ditto with T&M last year, I ordered the allotment collection and some vitelotte micro tubers. The microtubers were so late coming, that even though I planted them the next day, by the time I had to lift them in October they weren't finished growing. (I had to give the garden back as the owners were selling) There were quite a lot of pea sized ones which went to waste.
        I saved some of the bigger ones for this year, and as they were slower than the other varieties, I'm starting them off in smaller pots, and will plant them out as plants. I can't do worse than last year, and if it works
        I haven't ordered anything from them this year, Marshalls and Dobies for online orders of seeds, shallots, and onion sets; garden centre for the few other potatoes I'm growing and any plants, where at least I can see what I'm buying.
        Last edited by BarleySugar; 29-02-2012, 08:24 PM.
        I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
        Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jardiniere View Post
          I am NOT growing any potatoes this year ...because
          a. Not been able to clear any new ground for them and all my cleared ground is already 'taken'.
          The first year I had my lottie I put a load of card over some totally uncultivated or dug land, cut holes in it at the spacing I wanted and planted spuds through it with a bulb planter. They did really well and in digging them up I cultivated the land. Worked really very well

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I ordered from JBA as well, and when they couldn't dispatch them for the week I'd asked for delivery, they emailed to tell me the snow was causing a delay, and then again when they were on their way a week later!
            Brilliant service, I reckon

Comment

Had my T&M order yesterday, was getting really irritable too as it was so late AND they have a sale on now for seed potatoes so I felt they were taking the wotsit of those of us that ordered early! And the quality wasn't great - some potatoes didn't look great (black bits and shrunken areas). Haven't had any trouble with them before but I don't think I'll bother with them next year from T&M. Now I've riled myself up to go and write on their FB page...

Comment

I've just today received my order from T&M, having placed the order back in Dec. No idea if it is related to the email I fired off on Tuesday asking where my spuds were, as I didn't get any reply to it (apart from the auto-reply).

Comment

I ordered Orla, Juliette and King Edward from T&M and received them at the start of February.

Comment

Got my Epicures and garlic from T&M a week ago. I have to admit I was getting worried

Comment

my t&m spuds arrived on friday from a december order,i'm not impressed either
                      don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                      remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

ok, so they arrived this morning
                        TBH the quality is v.good and pleased now i have them
                        although red baron sets are missing, not on advice note but double checked i ordered and they are on the order so another enquiry email sent
                        so rcd
                        rocket 20 tubers
                        charlotte 40 tubers
                        cara 20 tubers
                        rooster 40 tubers
                        sturon onion 2 bags
                        shallot pesandor 1 pack
                        shalllot red sun 1 pack

TBH i did save some money on ordering online but i much prefer deciding when i will buy and when i will plant rather than some company doing it for me..i'm on hols in a couple weeks so will not get the pots in the ground till end of March now after chitting where last year under fleece end of Feb

i'll stick to GC next year...

Comment

Originally posted by Scousemooncat View Post
                          grrr T&M really are shoddy.....Ditto!...I emailed yesterday and got an email saying "oh hello, blah blah, valued customer, blah blah, reduce delivery costs, blah blah...your potatoes and garlic will be dispatched within the week...oh and a final blah blah about not affecting the quality"...

I fully expect them to be here within the week as EXACTLY the saem thing happened last year and within the week of a mithering email - BINGO - order arrives...

then again the stuff I got from Marshalls last year was spot on and updates were emailed accordingly...

T&M off my xmas card list...

S!
                          Oh look....this morning my T&M order arrived (luckily all there & in good condition!)
                          Amazing what a pestering email could do!...that's 2 years in a row - not a coincidence, just crap service!...

Actually I am furious, thinking about it...they say plant in March and the things arrive smoother than a babies bottom with no chits in sight ...I am willing them to sprout through the power of positive thinking ...I am POSITIVE that I won't be using T&M again for anything....unless its their bankruptcy sale...

Grrrrrrrrr....

Where's my camomile tea....

Comment

Originally posted by The Large One View Post
                            although red baron sets are missing, not on advice note but double checked i ordered and they are on the order so another enquiry email sent
                            Are you sure that they're not heat treated ones that will be sent out next month? Often the case for red types.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X