No announcement yet.

the best feed for tomatoes, pepper, courgette, in pot...any advice

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm so sorry i knew she is her not his but like i said SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH... sometime when i write i don't check and that what happen... my fiance is always upset with me on that specially when i call our puppy IT... I HOPE YOU FORGET ME 2 sheds...

Comment

I grew tomatoes in containers with clay garden soil mixed b&q compost last year, didn't use any commercial fertilizer, but wash rice water that has been stored for at least one week . Diluted it as 1 part with 10 parts water, it smells bad, but tomatoes grew well. I guess maybe if I use commercial ones they would have better yield or grew faster.

Wash rice water, is the water you used to wash rice. You might not need to wash rice in this country, but I always do, so have plenty of them.
      Last edited by cyllo; 03-03-2012, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Hi Grapes
        Last year I had excellent results by using dilute Seaweed food (Wilko) followed by PTD's advice on Tomato Food/watering regime.
        I used the same measurements/strength for chillies/sweet peppers/tomatoes & courgettes in pots/tubs etc.
        For the green leafy crops I just carried on with a weekly Seaweed feed.
        The washed rice water is rather intriguing isn't it?
        I do love the diverse advice here...it's so very interesting.
        Glenda
        Last edited by justgimmeethefaxmaam; 04-03-2012, 05:34 AM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarico View Post
          I HOPE YOU FORGET ME 2 sheds...
          I don't think I'll forget you for a while Sarico, don't worry ~ your posts are always a delight.
          You're getting a little of the English sense of humour (leg pulling), but it's kindly meant.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

good news my fiance has already bought me the wormery as bday present and will be delivery tomorrow... but i still think for a bit i will use something else....
            plus morrison has start selling flower bucket... i bought 24 for 3 pound and i will buy more.. you always have a spare seeds to use.

Comment

While you're waiting for your worm wee, you can always use your own (it's full of nutrients that plants like )
              Urine: the ultimate 'organic' fertiliser? - Green Living - The Ecologist

Comment

i'm so sorry i knew she is her not his but like i said SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH... sometime when i write i don't check and that what happen... my fiance is always upset with me on that specially when i call our puppy IT... I HOPE YOU FORGET ME 2 sheds...
                I love reading your posts Sarico, it makes me feel like I'm somewhere sunny on holiday. Don't change!
                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by di View Post
                  I love reading your posts Sarico, it makes me feel like I'm somewhere sunny on holiday. Don't change!
                  I agree, I love reading your posts. They make me smile but can't help thinking of Meercats. No offence Sarico, keep the posts coming and a smile on my face.

P.S I wish I could speak your native language half as good as you do English.
                  Last edited by Bigmallly; 04-03-2012, 09:32 AM.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                    While you're waiting for your worm wee, you can always use your own (it's full of nutrients that plants like )
                    So what is it about dog wee that turns grass yellow? Anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by donnakebab View Post
                      So what is it about dog wee that turns grass yellow? Anybody know?
                      I looked that one up:

"The urine is a highly concentrated nitrogen liquid not too dissimilar to ammonia or bleach. Remember: nitrogen is also a fertiliser! So, poor a cup of bleach on to your lawn and you’ll soon get a dead brown patch just as if the dog had peed! It’s the concentration that is deadly NOT the chemical

Now, if you put a small cup of bleach into a watering can of water and watered a few square metres of lawn you’d end up with lovely lush green grass..... completely the opposite of dead because you've diluted it!

The problem is the same for bleach as it is for dog urine. Initially the concentration is so high that they both act as poisons and therefore the grass dies within days. A week or so after the dead patch has formed you’ll notice a green ring of tall lush grass surrounding it. This is because the urine has become diluted with rain or ground water and as the urine contains nitrogen (a fertiliser) it now starts feeding the grass."

I have to say, our local park is always full of dogs merrily peeing away, and the only thing that kills the grass is when the parkies come and cut it too short on hot days

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                        I agree, I love reading your posts. They make me smile but can't help thinking of Meercats. No offence Sarico, keep the posts coming and a smile on my face.

P.S I wish I could speak your native language half as good as you do English.
                        Ok Guys i Will keep speak my ENGLIAN or as my fiancé say ITALISH so you can smile. This is a compliment for me because some time is not easy make the people smile
                        For the fertiliser I find a bit wierd human wee use in the garden. I been watering my seedling as TS shows in HER video. They are growing fine thanks so much for any help

Enrico
                        Last edited by Sarico; 04-03-2012, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                          I take pride in my lawn out the back and trying to be more organic (and save a few bob) I decided this year no more feed and weed chemicals. So I've been popping out the back for a couple of weeks to my little bottling plant So it's a fork for the weeds and pee for the grass. Going to start with a small patch to see the difference. If it works out I'll try it around leafy veg on the plot.
                          Last edited by redser; 05-03-2012, 10:04 AM. Reason: revsion

Comment

For the fertiliser I find a bit wierd human wee use in the garden.
                            It's only weird to the modern urban person: out in the country, back in the old days, it was normal to have a potty (chamber pot) under the bed for night-time wees. This was emptied on the compost heap or just chucked into the garden.

What I find weird is that people will pay good money for powdered, boxed "compost activator" ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X