No announcement yet.

Hard plastic in bought compost

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think that adding non biodegradable material to MPC is acceptable practice. It's like spreading landfill around without a license.

Comment

I had this problem with Lidl's peat free compost last year. It was full of plastic, panit and glass. Needless to say I have not brought any more from them.

Doesn't stop plants from growing.
      Sometimes you just have to scratch that itch and get dirt under your finger nails.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
        Why not?..........I put broken up polystyrene in the bottom of my pots to help drainage.
        I kmow that but i just think if you buy compost you expect compost. Last year I didnt know which compost to buy considered was the first time, I bought one b&q mpc compost and one peat free. The peat free looked like a woodchip. I was expect compost. I put pebles in the bottom of the pots so give a bit of extra weight.( but I will not buy compost with a lot of stone)

Comment

I don't use JAB for the reasons stated previously. Premium price, sub standard product. Violet Farm MPC is lovely. I still sieve it for my seed sowings but next to nothing ends up being discarded (to the garden or composter). Not good when a major ( and normally trusted) supplier takes advantage of those who have been loyal to the brand

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X