No announcement yet.

strange garlic growth

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You did split the garlic bulb into individual cloves before planting, yes? Just checking

I wouldn't compost them, let them do their thing and if you don't end up with useable bulbs, you can just replant what you do get for the year after. I noticed we've got some nice healthy looking garlic popping up in our flower bed from stuff that was planted 2.5 years ago. The are the small ones I didn't bother pulling up last year, which were the ones I didn't pull up the year before that.

Comment

Mine have gone mad with all this rain. Has anyone else's?
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by dominic10 View Post
        I noticed a couple of days ago one of my garlics is sprouting multiple stalks .
        A couple of mine have multiple stalks too, first i've ever seen that. I like weird things, can't wait to see what's going on below ground.
        My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Same thing happening with mine

Hi folks, was searching the net for this problem and came across this post, i have the same condition for many of my plants, this is the fourth year I have grown it in the same plot. I will take a photo of it tomorrow and post for others to see. I was thinking of splitting them and creating new rows, not sure if that is the best thing to do, may wait and watch.

Comment

Originally posted by tamsin View Post
            You did split the garlic bulb into individual cloves before planting, yes? Just checking
            Originally posted by dawndaisy View Post
            I split the buld into cloves, as I have done for every year.

Bar a bit of rust, my overwintered ones haven't done anything weird - they're 1-2cm in diameter but a furtle last weekend showed no bulbing yet :/
            Proud member of the Nutters Club.
            Life goal: become Barbara Good.

Comment

I dug half of mine up last weekend because they'd gone way over and had started to separate. About 50% is salvagable I reckon and the rest I'll be using in the kitchen asap. I'l aiming to get the rest up on Sat as it's started going over and the bulbs look pretty well developed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X