No announcement yet.

B&Q half price veg plugs.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 3 weeks ago I bought a poly tray of 6 B&Q geranium plants reduced to 90p (was £4) due to frost damage. I am glad to say only one died...

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
      Thanks Matt. It's Penistone Road I use. I haven't had time to call this week, but it was brassicas I was after, particularly sprouts and I dont' think they'll have got them. If you go in later, do let me know please and I'll try to call in the morning. I have had experience of B & Q selling neglected, dying plants and I have commented to staff, but you get little reaction.
      well, they did have brassicas at 50p per tray - but i dont know if they had sprouts (didn't have a proper look as i havent got any more room for them at home ) -

but like i said, on monday they did have beetroot, lettuce, strawbs and brassicas at 50p each - and they where on a tall trolley which was staccked to the brim, so hopefully they will be some left for you? (if your interested in the strawbs - they where on the end of the veg isle - have a look on the pots as they had 50p written on them - well that was long winded to say the least

Comment

Ooh thanks Matt, now all I need do is persuade himself that we have to call in the morning
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
          Ooh thanks Matt, now all I need do is persuade himself that we have to call in the morning
          I thought the powers of persuasion came naturally to you ladies Flo.............
          Last edited by Bigmallly; 10-05-2012, 06:14 PM.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

hi flo, just to let you know, ive been down to B&Q today - they still had some reduced veg, all the strawbs have gone and i couldn't see any brussels

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              I thought the powers of persuasion came naturally to you ladies Flo.............
              Oh they do BM and to avoid calling, he paid for the plants on line

Comment

Originally posted by Matt94 View Post
                hi flo, just to let you know, ive been down to B&Q today - they still had some reduced veg, all the strawbs have gone and i couldn't see any brussels
                Hi Matt and thanks again - as you can see, I've ordered some brussels, but I'll grow them on to avoid the slug damage

Comment

Inspired by this thread, I went to B&Q at lunch time. Found they had all plants 3 for the price of 2, so not HUGE savings, but I got two toms and one aubergine. They did have a wooden box for peas and beans though that was ever so pretty. Only £5 compared to full price of £20! And some edible flowers for in a pretty stand for a couple of squigglies.. and pretty baskets for beetroot, so I got two!

It did surprise me though - some of the beans they were selling for a couple of quid are the same size as the ones I planted at home just a few days ago. They've come up an inch or two, and they were selling them, around five of them, for 2 quid! Daylight robbery that is.
                  https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
                    It did surprise me though - some of the beans they were selling for a couple of quid are the same size as the ones I planted at home just a few days ago. They've come up an inch or two, and they were selling them, around five of them, for 2 quid! Daylight robbery that is.
                    To folks that either can't be bothered to or do not know how to grow from seed, it's still a bargain @ 40p per plant me thinks..........
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I know, but still! Everyone needs to be part of the vine! Resistance is futile! *ahem*
                      https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

It is an injustice when you know what you're doing Sarriss, but beginners often make a start with those sort of plants and graduate very quickly!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X