Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what variety were they ? a lot of fancy radish are winters

Comment

Just dug my seeds out! They are called red flesh. Its says on the packet they can be sown from late feb to sept. and can be used cooked as a winter readish too? apparently ready 20-30 days from sowing. duh mine have been sat in the ground for months bluntly refusing to grow!

Comment

Originally posted by flowertot View Post
        Its says on the packet they can be sown from late feb
        That's in optimum conditions ... and is pretty optimistic.

I find radish grow best for me if sown in March or October, then I might get some edible ones. Otherwise, they're like yours: tough, woody (and full of holes from the cabbage root fly)
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I'm raking out the radishes I sowed with the parsnip, they look weak and lacy. The parsnip haven't germinated, so I'm starting again.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I LOVE radishes and this year mine have been fantastic! The first batch took about 8 weeks to mature (I sowed them in February) but in this weather they are growing much faster than that. I grow them in containers and beds.

As mentioned by others keeping them moist is key. I also think that spacing is very important, particularly when grown in containers. I had similar problems to you the first time I grew them. This year I have been very generous with my spacing (at least 2-3cm apart) and it is working.
            http://strawberryjubes.tumblr.com/

Comment

I grow radishes in the ground but I also have a couple of the fish boxes that you can nab from the supermarkets, I fill with compost and put a few seeds in one along with salad leaves and leave in the greenhouse, I then move it out side. works a treat.
              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
              and ends with backache

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X