No announcement yet.

The upside to all this rain

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not having to water the tomatoes in pots on the patio! But it is all very dispiriting - in April the lottie looked great, really tidy, few weeds, things coming along nicely. Now it is a jungle - whenever I have time to get there it is too wet to do anything and when the sun comes out - I am at work! Arrgghhh! Never mind, only a week to go until I finish work - for a while - I have taken redundancy, so plenty of time to weed then. Let's hope for an Indian summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Niall View Post
      Downside - weeds, billions of them. I hate weeding and will forever go on about it and living in the countryside surrounded by fields and roadside weeds they are a constant threat - I pull some up an after a week of rain another billion have emerged from the seeds blown around by the gale force wind.
      I know how you feel - we have unmanaged woodland on one side and cn sit and watch the seeds blow in. Most weeds are birch, willow or ash trees... I can't believe we spent money buying a hedge when we first arrived.
      Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

My sympathies PP - Ash seedlings, like Sycamore seedlings are a PITA. (Unless you are growing and coppicing them for firewood!)
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X