No announcement yet.

courgette joy!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now then my Welshie chums, when do you start chasing that funny shaped ball around again? I've just got back from holiday having left the old man in charge of picking and watering to find that I've got 2 flippin great courgettes the size of rugby balls!!! Let me know and I'll send em over!!

Never going on holiday in July again.............
    Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Can someone tell me, are courgettes literally baby marrows I mean are they different plants in any way? I have a marrow plant and Im told you can pick them young as courgettes. is it literal or just similar?

Comment

Originally posted by Vince G View Post
        Now then my Welshie chums, when do you start chasing that funny shaped ball around again? I've just got back from holiday having left the old man in charge of picking and watering to find that I've got 2 flippin great courgettes the size of rugby balls!!! Let me know and I'll send em over!!

Never going on holiday in July again.............
        The funny shaped ball season is all year round in Wales, Vince!!
        Could you drop kick them over please?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsEssexRob View Post
          Can someone tell me, are courgettes literally baby marrows I mean are they different plants in any way? I have a marrow plant and Im told you can pick them young as courgettes. is it literal or just similar?
          You can eat them small or leave them to grow larger (as Vince has done whilst on holiday!). Some types are bred to be used small as courgettes. others are intended to be left to grow larger. Did you grow the marrow plant yourself, Rob? If so what seeds did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by leonmc0708 View Post
            I read somewhere that courgette floers are an expensive delicacy when tempurra'd - any one tried this ?

May give it a go meself
            You HAVE to try it, in fact they are worth growing just for that purpose IMO. especially with a thai dipping sauce on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              You can eat them small or leave them to grow larger (as Vince has done whilst on holiday!). Some types are bred to be used small as courgettes. others are intended to be left to grow larger. Did you grow the marrow plant yourself, Rob? If so what seeds did you use?
              I bought it as a one off pot plant at a car boot, so im just going by what they said. I'll probably have some as courgettes and leave some to get big.

Comment

Eat them small and young Rob, That's when they're at their best. If you keep picking more will grow, if you leave one to grow big it will put all its energy into that and stop producing any more little ones.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X