Rocket & Wild Rocket

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket & Wild Rocket

I am growing all my stuff in raised beds this year but have never tried rocket or wild rocket before - can they be sown direct into the beds or do I need to do them in a seed tray and transplant?

I have grown salad and wild rocket. Wild rocket imo is the most worthwhile. slower growing but the taste is far superior. Salad rocket is also ok but I have found it better treated as cut and come again rather than grown at the recomended 4 inch spacing as individuall plants

Comment

I sowed my wild rocket directly into the ground last year and it did much better than it ever had when I had it in containers. Its planted in full sun and when its really warm I hve to keep an eye on it for flowering. Its survived the winter and has now turned into a monster plant, I don't think i'll need to sow anymore.

Comment

You can sow your rocket into the ground Kimbo, but I find it better sown in pots in succesion. That way you always get the fresh, young leaves. Yummy.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
          You can sow your rocket into the ground Kimbo, but I find it better sown in pots in succesion. That way you always get the fresh, young leaves. Yummy.
          do raised beds count as ground or pots?

Comment

Ground, I'd say

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X