Does anybody know if we can grow this?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're going to get something that will blow your bed socks off VC! Beware
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Let me guess? - JAs or beans

Comment

Chilly chilly chilly not windy windy windy!
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by ancee View Post
          My hubs (George) is of Cypriot descent. A few years ago I witnessed him hanging his Mother over the side of a mountain by the arm whilst holding onto the roof of the car
          If it had been the mother in law would he have let go?

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Hahahahahaha! - Now that's a good question!!! He just said Yes!
            You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

My caper seeds came today - MANY, MANY thankd to the lovely Virginveg grower x

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

*thanks - though I do have a cold so it probably sounds a lot more like thankd!

Comment

I do actually love her to bits you know, and cannot look at her precarious danglings!
                  Personally I wouldn't mention the MIL's danglings I might get a slap round the face.
                  I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

My caper seeds came today - MANY, MANY thankd to the lovely Virginveg grower x
                    You're very welcome! Enjoy sowing.

Comment

VVG - I got a reply from Jekkas herb farm. they've told me that I have to grow fresh seeds from the pod! hmmm.... Where on earth do you get fresh unpickled caper pods from? Anyone know?

Comment

VVG - I got a reply from Jekkas herb farm. they've told me that I have to grow fresh seeds from the pod! hmmm.... Where on earth do you get fresh unpickled caper pods from? Anyone know?
                        So why did they sell seed then? That's what you're holding. Now if I had known that I'd have helped myself to a berry when I was there...folks in the US have got them going with cold stratification. I tried and got germination plus small seedlings. Out of three plants, two died in a summer hot greenhouse and the last one I brought in. Eventually it too popped its clogs. They grow in places like Sicily and Corsica in craggy baked hillsides. I tried to replicate with 50/50 horti grit/JI. Maybe they just prefer sand and grit to grow in. I wished I'd paid more attention to her potted mix, but I was in a poly I apparently should not have been in. I found her and her staff very unapproachable for advice in person.
                        I will have a look and come back. You should have enough there to multi sow in different ways/mediums. Maybe some in the fridge. Some in a heated prop. Some saved. Heat is the one thing they absolutely need hence Cyprus growing
                        You've got me going again now and I'll be damned if I let a seedhead get the better of me.
                        Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 15-01-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

I will be starting my experiments shortly and'll keep you informed

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X