Growing Rocket...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing Rocket...

I had though that Rocket was like a salad leaf/lettuce...I bought some seeds but havent planted yet. However, somone then gave me a mature rocket plant which I didnt believe was rocket but it did taste like it. Its about a foot tall and grows like a shrub.

Can ayone shed any light? Will it just grow year after year??

Thanks

I've only ever grown rocket as an anual herb / salad veg and eaten the leaves until either I run out or it flowers and they start to taste bitter, whichever is first. Grow in in small pots, planting a bit more every few weeks which doesn't seem to fit in with your shrub but other's may know more.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Never heard of this one,but always willing to give something new a try.

Comment

Sorry Grovsey, I only know rocket as an annual herb. Have never met it as any kind of shrub. Had a quick google for it to see if any info but no luck. Will look on with interest and if I could have it as a shrub that would be great as I love it.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Rocket does get quite bushy if given space but it's not really the best way to grow it as it will usually run to seed making the leaves unpalatable. I grow salad and wild rocket as cut and come again salad leaves. The leaves of both are best cut small as they get hotter as the leaves develop, especially the wild stuff which brings tears to the eyes when large and old.

Incidently this year I have grown salad rocket in the ground and a little in a pot with some violla and the taste is different, pot grown seems hotter so it would seem the growing conditions can affect flavour too

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X