putting new tatties in

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
    More details needed! so you put them in the gh once they have sprouted in the buckets under the kitchen table? Your greenhouse isn't heated is it? And isn't it a shock to their poor little starchy souls to go from the warm kitchen to be banished the the gh??
    How much more detail do you want? They only have about 2 weeks in the kitchen as there's also a bucket of carrots under the table The GH isn't heated, they go under the staging. I don't know whether this will work but a couple of pots have had to be earthed up so something is happening

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      How much more detail do you want? They only have about 2 weeks in the kitchen as there's also a bucket of carrots under the table
      How on earth do you sit down to eat your dinner?

Comment

My spuds are going in on Good Friday come hail, wind or rain...........or snow.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
          How on earth do you sit down to eat your dinner?
          At another table

Comment

Whats a table?.......................
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
              Whats a table?.......................
              To you & me Snadge, they're known as knees..................
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hi Snadger - its the posh word for a lap.........

Comment

Someone has put his in on our site but has had to put boards over the top to stop the fox digging them straight back up again.

Someone else has been chitting his in the polytunnel thing he has, but there's a few going soft and wet - is that frost damage?

Comment

I put a dozen in the polytunnel about a week or so ago which is probably about a week or so later than normal - not deliberate, just the first chance I got . The outdoor ones are happily chitting in the conservatory and will be there until mid April which is my normal approach. I plant them pretty deeply so they take a while to come up but I've still had some foliage damage in the past due to frosts but luckily at that time it's likely to be fairly minimal.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                      Someone else has been chitting his in the polytunnel thing he has, but there's a few going soft and wet - is that frost damage?
                      They all get a bit softer with chitting but if they've gone wet/squidgy then they got frosted and are rotting They'll soon smell disgusting as well

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                        My spuds are going in on Good Friday come hail, wind or rain...........or snow.
                        me too,maybe with a fleece cover though
                        don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                        remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

So......... how long do I leave them chitting for then ? Some are a little bit soft (not squelchy !) but all the earlies have good sprouts on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Normans Mum View Post
                            So......... how long do I leave them chitting for then ? Some are a little bit soft (not squelchy !) but all the earlies have good sprouts on them.
                            Until you're ready to plant them.

Comment

I've planted some in dustbins wrapped in bubble wrap with the lids on. Don't know the exact temp in there but doesn't feel cold to my hands.

Comment

Outside ones will go in at the start of April (assuming I've finished weeding out the potato plot).

I've already got a few in big pots in the greenhouse. Hopefully they've not been frosted to death (they're not up yet). It's a bit of an experiment...
                                Garden Grower
                                Twitter: @JacobMHowe

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X