Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planting out toms

Hi

I have just been given 4 gardeners delight toms, they are taller than my other toms, and they need either to be planted out or transfered from 3/4" pots to larger ones.
    I dont have many large pots, so my question is do they need tying to a pole (if I plant them out) as they are blowing about in this wind today.

Tigerella

If you're planting them out do stake them or they'll snap off. However, if they are taller that your others they maybe need hardening off before you put them out. Larger pots would help but if they're going outside give them a few days to toughen up.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hi

I have just been down to lottie, brought them inside because they were leaning.
      I will support them when I put them out.
      I thought I might catch a few slugs, but it was about 8.30 - too early.
      What time do the slugs come out?

Many thanks...Tigerella

Comment

The slugs in my living room come out just after i go to bed, but just let me catch'em If you've had some rain, they'll be out now so get out with a bucket and torch, good hunting!
        I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

Hello Tigerella, a few questions there, but I think what you are asking is:
          Yes, your gardeners delight will need staked whatever you do with them:
          If you choose to plant them out just now, remember they are not frost hardy, one frosty night and they will be wiped, so keep fleece at the ready to wrap them up and hope for the best
          Even if it is not frosty, they need to be hardened off and get used to the wind in their face.
          I have what I call a hardening off station, just an area where plants can be protected from wind and direct rain, until they get used to being outside. Basically they just have fleece wrapped around them until the time is right for them to be out. You can see it here.
          Attached Files

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
            Hello Tigerella, a few questions there, but I think what you are asking is:
            Yes, your gardeners delight will need staked whatever you do with them:
            If you choose to plant them out just now, remember they are not frost hardy, one frosty night and they will be wiped, so keep fleece at the ready to wrap them up and hope for the best
            Even if it is not frosty, they need to be hardened off and get used to the wind in their face.
            I have what I call a hardening off station, just an area where plants can be protected from wind and direct rain, until they get used to being outside. Basically they just have fleece wrapped around them until the time is right for them to be out. You can see it here.
            [ATTACH]1899[/ATTACH]
            Nice one Alice! Snug as a bug in a rug you might say!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X