No announcement yet.

What a disaster

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought - if you're using plastic bottles as mini cloches to protect things anyway, try cutting around the top edge with pinking shears - you know those sewing scissors that make a zig-zag edge? Some slugs at least may be put off climbing over the top with the sharp pointy bits on them.
    sigpicGardening in France rocks!

Comment

If it is slugs, put broken egg shells around, I did this last year around my pea's, carrots and lettuce and they didn't get eaten by the pesky slugs & snails. But got destroyed by the chickens when they broke free.

Comment

Originally posted by kathyd View Post
        try cutting around the top edge with pinking shears -
        ... but if you use & ruin mine, I'll cut your legs off !
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I really appreciate of your comments! I have never grow pak choi before and I was told I can sow them from early spring, but obviously it was wrong. And about my broad beans, it seems like they may survive. Thanks again.
          http://savinglives.ahar.ie/

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHackwell View Post
            Isnt it a bit early for pak choi yet? they like the nice warm sunny weather
            They're a cool weather crop. If you sow them in the summer, they'll just bolt. I get the best crop from a Sept/Oct planting, if the slugs leave them alone
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X