No announcement yet.

Yellow leaves on tomato seedlings

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soory Rustylady, didn't see your last post - must have crossed in the ether...
    He-Pep!

Comment

I would like to add something which I hadn't remembered until I re-potted these plants. When I first transplanted the seedlings I had done so into a miniature degradeable pot which are around 1.5 inches by 2 inches if that. I then later transferred these into the larger 3 inch degradeable pots. So I'm not sure what was happening; probably as mentioned by Rusty Lady and Chris......not good watering practices and then not adequate root formation. I have already planted some tomatoes in the glass house but they weren't grown in the same fashion ie one degradeable pot inside another. These sere meant to be for my sister and a friend or two. I have learnt quite a bit from this thread though. :-)

Comment

The leaves at the bottom of my 'big boy' tomato which I have growing in the conservatory are bit curled but my book said that this is often a good sign but think I will reduce water.

Comment

Curled leaves on toms are nothing to wrry about as long as they are a nice deep shade of green. If fact some gardeners see it as a good sign.

As to one degradable pot inside another that IMO is a bad move. The small pot will not degrade fast enough to prevent the roots being restricted.

Potty
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

If I use biodegradeable pots, I usually tear the bottom off them when potting on just as I drop them into their new pots....Frees up the roots a bit quicker than leaving them to push thru on their own I find..
            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
            sigpic

Comment

Now that people have explained to me about watering in particular and encouraging healthy root formation, I can now seen that I have done things incorrectly. I'm glad I asked for advice here. Basically, my roots haven't been watered correctly and have been restricted.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X