No announcement yet.

How are everyones aubergines doing?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprise surprise it was a Chromium issue *yawn* Firefox to the rescue.

One small and imperfectly-formed aubergine but it is indubitably an aubergine. I must have had my camera upside down when I took the photo as I don't think I'm physcially capable of holding my hand at that angle!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MrsCordial; 31-08-2013, 05:04 PM.
    Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

I would be over the moon if it was mine, well done

Comment

How are mine doing???

....well ...they have just stared flowering!

We had a very late Spring...so they are excused...but flippin 'ek eh???
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Aww thanks Pineberry - I am fairly chuffed!
          Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

Mine are just starting to fruit - the first one rotted on the plant, but i've got high hopes for this one!

Attached Files
            He-Pep!

Comment

Mine are doing brilliantly. I started It off in a blowaway but its been outdoors since the start of july. It's a dwarf variety and currently has 13 fruits on it. I picked 3 of the best off earlier too
              Attached Files

Comment

They look fabulous Dave - can you remember the variety?
                He-Pep!

Comment

It was Baby Belle, an F1 variety if I remember rightly

Comment

Thanks, I'll give them a go next year! Mine are either Bonica or Ophelia, not sure which as I dropped both lots of seeds all over the floor. Both are supposed to be dwarf as well. Not a patch on yours though!
                    He-Pep!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. I think it was more luck than by design. It's my first proper year of growing but ill definitely be growing some more of these again. It's a stunning plant, lovely flowers and the fruit look fabulous. Well worthy of a spot on the patio!!

Comment

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread, anyone got aubergines on the go? Mine are currently at different stages, Baby Belle are looking strong and Bonica close behind, with Black Beauty not really trying at about 1" tall...
                        He-Pep!

Comment

Still, looking back over this thread I seem to be ahead of where I was last year, so that's encouraging... particularly as last year's attempt was a disaster.
                          He-Pep!

Comment

Stoopid Aubergines

Comment

Mine are doing pretty well, I germinated about 6 or 7 but don't need that many so have only really positively potted on 4 (I think) which are now really healthy plants in 5" pots in the utility room. Will start hardening them off soonish for planting out in the tunnel at the end of May. Was working away a lot in the week last summer so they didn't get taken care of as much as they should have been but still got a few fruits so fingers crossed for another sunny one.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

My Bonica seem to doing fine, each got a couple of flowers and in there final pots, I started them off in February under lights, there now in a greenhouse that's being heated by a small thermostatically controlled electric fan heater, 10c min temp

Yeh I'm not messing about this year

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X