No announcement yet.

Chillies and the greenhouse

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have fleece at the ready but I have so many plants that if I take them up that's where they will stay :0 so no running up and down might take the plunge soon
    In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

I just spotted another tray of mostly Chillies and Aubergines, these have been in a poly-tunnel for the last couple of weeks. Ventilation wise it has a 1/2 net screen on the door one end and the other end double doors but these are normally left open year round. I guess night time temps will have been just above outside. I'm in what would have been West Glam, so not too far from you, though possibly slightly warmer here as not far from the sea.

Why not take half of them up there and see how they go before taking the rest. Good luck with your plants
      Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

Gives a cold night Thursday so I will get that out the way then I think I will go with half not a total wipeout then eeeeek fingers crossed
        In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

I've got a maximum/minimum thermometer in the greenhouse so it's easy to keep track of how accurate the weather forecast is and how many degrees higher the greenhouse is. My chillies have been in and out of the greenhouse for a month or so now, but have stayed overnight since the weekend. Looking at the next few days weather though, they'll be back inside tomorrow night!
          Last edited by DonSpillacy; 22-05-2013, 09:27 AM.
          http://batteriesarentincluded.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

2 degrees tonight for Yorkshire....May have to get the chillies out of the tunnel again.
            -------------------------------

Currently growing..

Peter Pepper,Moruga Scorpion,Habanero,Bhut Jolokia(yellow),Numex Twilight,Purple Jalapeno,Big Jim,Papri Paprika,Thai Hybrid,Esplendor,Sweet mini bell pepper and Patio fire chilli...

Also
            Black tomato,Dragons Egg Cucumbers and Charentais Melon

Comment

Hi, I have several Habanero plants that have done very well this year. They are 2 years old now and are producing bigger peppers this year. I have them in the house by the patio doors and put them outside on warmer and hotter days/nights - but they're few and far between as you all may know!!

I now want to grow more, after spending time learning about them in theory and practice.

​​​​​​​If I keep them in an unheated greenhouse, will they survive through winter once overwintered and fleeced?

Comment

Probably not in an unheated greenhouse. If there are any frosts inside the greenhouse (which is likely) then the plants will surely die. Fleece doesn't really offer much protection.
                If it's your only option and it's either that or throw the plants away, though, you might as well at least try.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X